Sammy Wilkinson

"Today is possibly the best day ever created. Whoever thought to shove our faces with food and not be called fat on this day, I praise him." I rolled my eyes at Sammy, laughing as I went back into my room to get changed. Sammy had always came with me to my parents house for Thanksgiving, it's just always been a thing. "Where you going?" He asked, bouncing next to me like a bunny. You would think he was about to win a trip to the damn Bahamas. Laughing, I stopped in my doorway so he wouldn't come in with me. "To change. Is that alright?" He smirked and I knew what his flirtatious self was about to say. "Without me?" I nodded, bumping his chest with my hand. "Yes you idiot, go freshen up to." He winked before I closed my door and headed to my closet.

An hour later I was dressed in a cute and simple outfit. Dark wash jeans with a few holes in them, a white tee shirt, and a long, grey cardigan that matched my grey sweater boots. My hair fell down my back in some simple curls. "Are you don't yet? I better not miss the turkey because of you!" Sam whined from the other side of my door. Rolling my eyes, I went over and opened it. He fell back, lying flat on the floor below me. "I was leaning on the door." He mumbled before jumping to his feet. Sammy was dressed in tan pants, black vans, and a blue sweater. His hair styled the usual. "You look good." I smiled, closing the door behind me. Sammy smiled a genuine smile, something I've been seeing a lot recently. "Well, next to you I might as well look homeless." I snorted as he hung his arm over my shoulder. "Now, let's go because that turkey-"
"SAMMY! It's only ten o'clock!" He just rolled his eyes at me.

As soon as we got there, the door to my parents house flew open with my mother standing there. "I thought you guys weren't coming!" My family are such early birds. Sammy looked at me with a look as if to say 'see, I told you.' "Sammy! Delightful to see you again!" My mother was such a sucker for him. He could kill someone and she'd have his back. "Don't you look nice honey, here come in!" Sammy helped himself, giving my mom a hug as he went in. "Hi, mom. I'm here to." She turned back to me. "I couldn't forget my little girl." I got my traditional back breaking hug before we both stepped into the living room. "So, did you two-" I cut her off, shaking my head. "No, stop asking." My mother started mumbling to herself as she headed into the kitchen. Sammy was already talking to my dad about the football teams that were playing today. My uncle and two guy cousins were in here to. I knew I was needed in the kitchen so I hurried past the tv so I wouldn't get yelled at. Before heading into the hall though, Sammy's hand caught my wrist. "Where you going?" I couldn't help but smile up at him since he was taller than me. "To help cook. Is that okay? You know all these people anyways." Sammy winked, letting me go as he sat next to my uncle. He was practically family. "There she is! There she is!" My aunt had me in the air hugging me to death before I could even manage a hey. "Can't - breathe." I managed to squeak out. She set me down, her blonde hair falling back down her shoulders. My little niece, at the age of five, bounced up to me in her little orange dress. "Hey!" I squatted down, letting her wrap her small arms around me as I returned her hug. "Hey there, Bella." She giggled, before letting me go and bouncing to the living room. I looked back up to see my mom cooking while my aunt, cousin, and grandma staring at me. "What?" My mum chuckled, pointing a wooden spoon at them. "Still a no." I moaned, knowing they were talking about Sammy again. As if on cue, he came in with my little niece sitting on his shoulder. My heart stopped beating. "Don't drop her!" I nearly yelled, trying to keep calm. She giggled, tapping his head like a drum when he flashed his show stopper smile. My cousin, who was only a year younger than me, squeaked. Sammy cocked an eyebrow as he continued to watch me. "Do you guys mind if we take her outside for a little? It's a bit stuffy in here." I said, ignoring the love struck look my cousin was giving him as he laughed with my niece. My mum just winked. I took that as a yes and nearly pushed him back into the hall. Passing by my cousin, I heard one snicker. "John, don't even." Him and Dave lost it as they fell onto the floor laughing.

Once outside, Sammy and I went into the backyard where they had a swing set for her. I sat on one while Sammy pushed Bella. "I like your family." Sammy said after a minute of pushing Bella. She ran off, chasing a butterfly. He sat down in her seat and pulled my swing to him. "Well they just freaking adore you. Especially my cousin." I said, feeling jealously run through my veins as if it was my blood. Sammy tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear that was blowing in my face. "Well, good for her but I have my heart set on someone else." I would of fallen off my swing during my spazz if he didn't catch me. "Who!?" I yelled, not meaning to. I coughed quietly, slightly shrugging. "I meant, uh who?" Sammy laughed, leaning back as he looked up at the sky. I felt my face start to blush. "You know what I'm thankful for? You. You make me happy when I thought I couldn't smile. Sometimes you make me mad, but the second I look into your eyes I just calm down. Your smile makes me get the least manliest butterflies ever-" I giggle "-but I'm thankful for an amazing friend. You know what I'd be even more thankful for though?" I leaned towards him, shrugging once. "If you'd be my girlfriend." I smiled, easily kissing him as he leaned towards me. I heard screaming from the kitchen and I know the girls where watching me. He started laughing again and I just closed my eyes smiling. "Now, you better feel loved because I don't miss out on the early food for no one." I smacked his shoulder and he chuckled, pulling me into lap. "I'm kidding babe, I love you more than turkey." I laughed, thankful for this goofball.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I know this is not my best and I am so so sorry! I just wanted to update real quick so you guys didn't unfollow or anything! I'll start posting daily again and I promise I'll make them better! 💕