Hayes Grier

"Alright class, I'll be letting you pick your seats for the year." I started grinding my teeth together. This was the only class I didn't have with any of my friends as I sat in the back corner, alone. Everyone instantly jumped from their seats and moved to sit next to their friends. I sighed, fixing my shirt. The desk next to me squeaked as someone sat down. Some random girl sat in front of me as I looked over at the boy. Biting my lip so I wouldn't squeal, I died a little inside. This boy was gorgeous. He was talking to his friend who sat on his other side. My heart twisted a little. Of course he would sit there for his friend and not me. As the teacher was writing our names down in the seating chart, I just twirled my pencil around in my hand. "Hey." I looked up. Someone poked my arm and I turned to the cute boy. "I said hey." He whispered, chuckling. Oh my god you're perfect. "Sorry, hey." I stopped twirling my pencil in my hand. Other kids started talking as she finished up the chart. "You looked a little lonely, you don't mind if I sit here?" I smiled, shaking my head. He smiled back. "I'm Hayes." I nodded, just smiling at his perfection. Hayes raised an eyebrow. "You have a name too, right?" I licked my lips and jumped a little. God, I'm so stupid. "Oh! Shit. Oops, hey. Hi, I'm y/n." I mentally beat my face in with a brick as I winced. Can I not speak English?! Hayes just smirked a little. "Lovely name." I felt my cheeks turn pink, but luckily the teacher cleared her throat and started talking about classroom rules.

"Okay guys, why don't you go grab a text book and folder?" Feet shuffled and whispers started as we headed to the bookshelf. I grabbed my text book and followed behind everyone to get my folder. Hayes was a few people ahead of me as he started to walk back to his seat. "Here." I smiled, grabbing the folder off him and following him to our seats. "Thank you." Hayes just winked before turning to his friend and talking. The teacher started talking again, silencing everyone.

Five minutes before the bell rang we were allowed to talk again since she finished the rules. I thought Hayes would turn to his friend and I would have to sit alone, but he turned to me. "So, you like History class?" I do now. I shrugged. "Eh, it's not my favorite." Hayes's friend got out of his seat and stood between us. He looked down at me, a friendly smile on his lips. "I'm Hayes's friend by the way." He shot Hayes a look and Hayes just rolled his eyes. "Please sit down until the bell rings." Hayes's friend threw his head back as he went back to his seat. Hayes smirked at his friend before he turned back to me. I giggled, letting my hair fall forward as I put my head down. "Did we have any classes together last year? I don't remember you." I shook my head, flipping my hair over my shoulder. Hayes looked over my straight hair, then down my shoulder and to my shoes. He just checked me out. As I tried not to hyperventilate, he looked back up at me and chuckled. My face must be delightful. Thankfully the bell rang as I jumped from my seat. Hayes grabbed my elbow, keeping me from running out of the room. "When do you have lunch?" I pulled out my schedule from my folder. "Fifth. You?" His smile makes me feel like I'm flying. "Same and wait let me see that." He let go of my elbow and looked over my schedule as I gave it to him. "We have next period together." As I contained myself from screaming yay, I slipped my schedule back in my folder. "Cool." Hayes nodded as we walked down the aisles and out the room. "I feel like this is gonna be a good year." He said, taking a step closer to me to avoid a little kid running to her class. Once she left, he didn't step back though and stayed practically on my hip. "Yeah, me too." I smiled up at him as he nudged my arm playfully.