Jack Gilinsky

"Ooooo, look theirs Jack." My friend nearly drooled over my locker as I turned to look down the hall. Sure enough, Mr. Gilinsky was walking down the hall with that little smirk on his face while the girls nearly died as he walked by. "I just don't get why you people like him." I said, turning back to my locker and grabbing my English book. "Sure he's hot, okay he's really hot, but he seems like a cocky bitch." My friend didn't say anything, she just started to squeal. "He's coming over here. OMG." I rolled my eyes, ignoring her as I grabbed my purple notebook too. Suddenly there was a light thud as someone leaned against the locker next to mine. "Hey." Ugh. "HI." My friend screamed in my ear. I glared at her, grabbing her face and pushing her back. She just giggled before skipping away. "What?" I asked, slamming my locker shut. Jack cocked an eyebrow. "Someone doesn't seem excited to see me." I shrugged, readjusting my books and slipping my pencil into my notebook. "I never am, but yet you keep visiting." His friend, Sammy, snickered as Jack shot him a look. "Don't you have somewhere to be?" Sammy shrugged, looking at the clock. "Math, but I was going to skip." Jack rolled his eyes. I nodded once to whoever was paying attention and spun on my heel, leaving them to get to class. "I swear you're the only girl who hates me." Jack said, popping up at my side. I shrugged. "I don't hate you." This took him off guard as he watched me for a minute, smirking again. "Really?" I nodded, picking up a notebook that a girl dropped and handed it to her. "Yeah. I'm just not going to drool over a douche bag though." Jack just nodded, able to agree with me. A girl slithered between us, giving me a weird look before turning to Jack. "Heyy." Ew your voice is annoying. He did the sup nod, not giving her the attention she wanted as he looked at me. She stomped her foot like a two year old as I raised an eyebrow at Jack. "She's a loser! Why aren't you talking to me?!" She whined, her voice pitching even higher. I bit my lip from laughing and stopped, wanting to watch her throw a tantrum. Surprisingly though, Jack looked down at her with a look of disgust. "Hey, she isn't a loser. Don't say that." My mouth popped open as Jack defended me. Well this is a first. "Ugh. Whatever. If you ever want a real girl, come find me." She did a really bad attempt of a hair flip, then waddled away. "So, I'm fake? Like what the fuck am I?" I snorted, annoyed with the dumb people who went to this school. Jack shrugged as we started walking again. "Maybe she think you're a transformer." I giggled. Those were my favorite movies. "Autobots, roll out." I tried saying in the deepest voice I could, which wasn't very deep. Jack thought it was hysterical though as his laugh echoed down the hall. It was the first time I heard him genuinely laugh and it gave me butterflies. I smiled, proud of myself for getting him to laugh for some reason. "You might need to work at that." I agreed with him, slowing down at my classroom. Jack shrugged, obviously back into bad boy mood. "Why don't you come see me after schools over? Maybe we could hang out-" he took me by surprise again as I quickly snapped my mouth shut, "-or something. I mean, I don't really care." I nodded, barely smiling, but smiling a little. "Alright. You know where my locker is." Then I walked past him and into my class. As I sat down and stared at the chalkboard, something clicked in my head. Jack Gilinsky just walked a girl to class and I was her.

As the final bell rang, I was slipping my homework into my backpack. "Hey there Optimus Prime." I looked over at Jack dramatically, but couldn't help smile a bit. "Don't you dare start calling me that." Jack chuckled, kicking my locker shut. Thankfully, I was done getting my stuff together. "You actually do your homework?" He asked, looking at my backpack like it was a bomb about to explode. I nodded as we fell in step. "Transformers like to keep their GPA's up." For a quick second, I actually thought Jack smiled, but he turned his head too fast. Look at me go. "So, how about we go get some ice cream?" I stopped in the hallway, Jack stopped and turned around. "What?" My mouth was open and moving, but no words were coming out. He smirked, raising an eyebrow. I coughed, waving a hand around. "Yeah that's good. Just normal." I squinted my eyes at him as he continued on. He rolled his eyes, nudging my side with his elbow. "I'm not a total ass you know." I shook my head, I didn't know that. The whole school was watching as Jack and I headed over to his car. "Great." I mumbled, waiting for him to unlock the door. He looked at me over the car. "Everyone probably thinks-" Jack was probably used to this as he shook his head, not even letting me finish. "I'll take care of that tomorrow. Besides, everyone knows you're to smart to fall for me." Jack winked and unlocked the doors. As he slid into the car, I looked over at the kids who were leaving. The guys were shaking their heads and the girls were literally trying to shoot me with lasers. Quickly getting into the safety of the car, I put my seatbelt on and held my bag in my lap. "You can put that in the back." Jack said, backing out of the parking spot. I tossed my bag in the back, resting my head against the head rest. It was quiet for a few minutes as I sat there with my eyes closed and Jack drove. I jumped when he poked my leg, smacking my knee off the door. As he started laughing hysterically, I grabbed my knee and glared at him. "I was just making sure you didn't die. I know hanging out with me is exciting." Rolling my eyes, I flicked his ear. "Hey!" I giggled, flicking his ear again. He shot me a look as we slowed at a red light. "You're a betch." I shrugged before he started tickling my sides. Squealing like my friend had in the hallway, I pushed myself to the door and tried grabbed his hands so he'd stop. "GILINSKY!" I yelled, laughing as he stuck his tongue out. The car behind us beeped and we both looked to find the light green and the cars ahead of us gone. "Fuck you!" Jack yelled at the car behind us and started driving again. He looked over at me, a small smile tugging his lips up. "Wait until the school hears that Mr. Bad boy likes tickle fights." We were here at the little ice cream shop. As he turned the car off, he shook his head. "They won't find out." He started to get out of the car, so I did the same. I wasn't ready for him to run around the car though and throw me over his shoulder like he did. "Put me down, Jack!" He chuckled, spinning me around and closing my door for me. "Nope. Not until you promise to not tell the school." I giggled and started poking his back. Well, holy muscles. "Well then, you're going to eat your ice cream on my shoulder. What do you want?" I laughed, smacking his back this time. A younger girl walked by, staring at me like I was an alien. I tried to be friendly and waved, but she ran away. "I can't see the menu." Jack turned around so I could see it. The worker was a younger guy, probably our age. He raised an eyebrow and I just shook my head. He smiled, nodding once. "What can I get you?" I rested my hands on Jack's back to prop myself up to look at the menu. "I'll have a small-"

"She wants medium." Jack said. I rolled my eyes, smiling. "Okay, a medium cookie dough blizzard please." The guy nodded and Jack turned back around so my butt was in his face. "Can I be put down now? All the blood is rushing to my face." I heard them both laugh before my feet touched the pavement. I thanked him, fixing my hair and shirt. "Just a chocolate milkshake." I watched Jack like the creeper I am. Yes he was hot with his perfect jawline and on point eyebrows, but maybe he wasn't such a douche bag after all. His muscles flexed as he grabbed the change and put it back in his wallet, slipping into his pocket. Jack thanked the guy and went to hand me my blizzard. Oops, I was caught. He smirked, giving it to me as we went over to a little table. "So, do I pass the test?" I glared at him, angrily shoving my ice cream into my mouth. He chuckled, staring at a bird that was waddling across the parking lot. "Thank you. This is good." I said after a moment of silence. Jack looked back to me, setting his milkshake down. "Listen, I know you think I'm some cocky douche bag-" I don't anymore, but go on. I wanna hear this, "-and yes sometimes I am. I skip class occasionally and I throw the balls at the nerds too hard in dodgeball. Sure I don't do my homework and that, but I'm not that bad of a person. The girls at school are so fucking annoying and I can't just be friends with them. You won't take none of my shit though, you're chill. I wanna be friends with you, but you hate me." I started choking on the cookie dough piece I was eating while he talked. He wanted to be friends with me? Damn. After I stopped dying, I set my spoon down in the blizzard. "I don't hate you. You're not bad. As long as you don't try getting in my pants, we could be friends." For the first time in history, for me anyways, Jack gave me a genuine smile. His white teeth perfectly in line. "Good. So Friday is ice cream day after school?" He asked, bumping his knee against my legs. I smiled, grabbing my spoon again. "Sure thing." Jack started sipping on his milkshake again, his lips still up in a small smile. Okay, maybe being more than friends wouldn't be so bad with him, but I'm not going to be some creepy, flirty girl. "Now, just a totally random question-" I started, staring at a pebble on the table. Jack raised an eyebrow, amusement clear in his eyes at my outburst of awkwardness. "Say in a few months or years, I mean same thing, if, oh I don't knoww-"

"Yeah." Jack laughed, shrugging as he set his drink down again. "I don't see why not." I started eating my last few bites and nodded. "Okay, cool. Well, I'm going to leave now after that awkward moment. See you next Friday." I got up then remembered he was my ride. Slowly sitting back down, I just let my head hit the table. "I give up." Jack chuckled, sliding over to the bench I was sitting on and slipped his arm around my waist. "Optimus Prime never gives up." I leaned back, flicking his ear again. Jack smiled, poking my side. "You aren't as smart as I thought you were." Then the tickling began again.