Sammy Wilkinson

I stood there standing behind Sammy and Jack Gilinsky at someone's house. Don't ask who, because I honestly don't remember. My feelings were hurt as I just stood next to them, awkwardly sipping on my drink. Just an hour before the party Sammy was kissing my cheek and telling me how much fun we were going to have tonight. We weren't dating, but we've shared quiet a lot of kisses. Whenever it was just us, he was so perfect and caring, but whenever he was around Gilinsky I was practically invisible to him. So, here I was on a Friday night standing awkwardly in my high waisted shorts and crop top, swaying back and forth in my vans. "I can't wait man! It's gonna be wicked." Jack said, nudging Sammy with his elbow. Sammy laughed, nodding his head with excitement. I tapped Sammy's shoulder, becoming very uncomfortable at this party. He turned around, raising an eyebrow. "Whatcha guys talking about?" I asked, trying to get into the conversation so I didn't feel so alone. Jack was watching Sammy from the corner of his eye and Sammy just shrugged. "Nothing much." Then he turned his back on me again. My heart snapped in half. I can see I meant nothing to him because if I meant something, it wouldn't matter if Jack was around or not. I slammed my drink down on the table, causing a few people to look at me. Sammy turned around too. I blinked back the heavy tears I felt building up. "I'm fucking leaving. Have fun." I didn't wait for a response as I spun around and pushed through the crowd to get to the door. "Wait up!" A few tears trickled down my cheeks as I started to knock people over and ran out of the room. Once in the front yard, I looked around for where I parked my little punch buggy. Think! "What the hell?" His hand grabbed my wrist and spun me around. I snatched my arm back from him, angry tears falling down my face. "Why are you crying? What happened?" He went to hold me, but I took a step back. "You. You're what happened, Sammy."

"What do you mean?"

"Whenever it's just me and you, you're fucking perfect. Then whenever we hang out with Jack, you completely ignore me!" Sammy ran his hand through his hair, licking his lip at the same time. "I don't mean-"

"Sammy. It happens every time. I clearly don't mean as much as I wish I did to you." I started to walk away again but he ran in front of me, stopping me. "I thought we were just being flirty!" My heart snapped again, falling and burning. New tears blurred my vision as I pushed past Sammy and ran to my car. I was in no condition to drive, but I had to leave before I said something to him that I would regret.

Thankfully, I made it home okay. Sammy had constantly called me the whole way home. I just turned it on silent. Once at home I changed into my pajama pants and loose tee shirt, threw my hair into the most horrible bun ever and fell face first down on my bed. Still crying, I hugged my pillow. Of course Sammy wouldn't like me, he was Sammy fucking Wilkinson. Flirt. No girl would ever just be his and he would never be just hers. My phone vibrated next to my arm in my bed. His icon covered the screen which was a bad selfie of us after a paint fight. I picked my phone up, sniffling, and then blocked his number. Turning onto my side, I fell asleep in five minutes.

I woke up the next morning, my face hurting and my eyes still puffy from the crying. Picking up my phone, I read the time. It was nearly three in the afternoon. I shot up, thinking if I had missed anything important. Sammy and I were supposed to go to the mall, but I didn't want to see his face today. However, I unblocked his number out of curiosity. Two calls and forty seven text messages. I reblocked him, deleting all the messages and voicemails without reading them. "Why do I have to love you?" I whispered to myself, fresh tears slipping down my face. Literally crawling out of bed and trudging into the bathroom, I left my hair in the messy ponytail it was in and just brushed my teeth. My phone rang as I went back into my room. Jack Johnson's face popped up as he called me. Johnson was a good friend of mine, so I picked the phone up and zombie walked into the living room. "Hi." I mumbled, feeling tired again as I collapsed down on to the couch, cuddling a blanket to my chest. "Please don't hang up. We need to talk. It's clear you blocked me but I ne-" I hung up hearing Sammy's voice, throwing my phone onto the floor. Taking deep breaths so I wouldn't possibly trash my place, I just simply grabbed the remote and turned spongebob on.

Ten minutes later the door to my apartment flew open, giving me heart attack as I fell off the couch. "What the fuck!" I yelled as Sammy slammed the door shut and walked over at me like an angry bull. I went to yell at him, furious that he just barged into my apartment like that, but he picked me up and pinned me between the wall and him. His body was pressed up against mine as his hands were next to my head. His brown eyes just stared at me, his breath heavy. Again, I went to speak but his lips crashed into mine. I moved away from him though, leaning my head to the side. "No." I whispered. My plan was to sound strong and independent but that clearly wasn't going to happen. Sammy grabbed my cheeks so I had to stare into his damned eyes. "I'm sorry. I fucked up. Gilinsky kept telling me I was whipped and I hated how that sounded. You know why? Because it's the fucking truth. I wanted to punch myself in the face seeing you cry last night, for making you cry. I'm sorry. You ignored me and I understand why, but then I thought about these past few weeks; us cuddling, kissing, laughing, just having a good time. Then I thought about some other guy coming and taking my place. You hung up on me and I panicked. I'm so fucking sorry. I love you, damn it. I need you to be in my life as mine. I'm whipped, okay? I'll go tell the whole world I am. I love you." Sammy stood there gasping for breath since he said all that in nearly one. Then I was here, standing and barely breathing. "You think I'm just going to forgive you now?" I asked, biting my lip. Sammy's eyes showed the sadness that he truly felt. "I need you." Was all he said. He won me over with the whole novel he had clearly gone over in his head on the way here, but those last three words made my heart melt. "I love you." I whispered, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him. He pinned me harder against the wall as his hands slipped down to my waist. Now this is how it should be.