Ch.20

Jayda

"This is her?" His mother asked with a unimpressed look on her face. She had her arms crossed as she looked me up and down.

"U-um I'm Jayda...it's nice to meet you Mrs. De Luca." I said nervously while extending my hand.

"Trust me dear the pleasure is all yours of course."
The room was now quiet and I fidgeted in place.

"Ok Scott is this game over now because I don't have much time here...now where is your real girlfriend?" She asked looking pass me as if I wasn't even there.

"Mom this isn't a game, Jayda is my real girlfriend." Scott wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close.

Mrs. De Luca looked as if she had seen a ghost. Like someone had just told her the worst news imaginable. I bet to her it was.

"You're joking right?...you have to be...how could you be with someone like her?" She asked liked she was genuinely confused.

"Mom please don-" Scott went to say but she immediately cut him off.

"NO Scott! I will not allow you to belittle yourself with such a thing like her! I mean look at her! Do you know what her kind is like!?" She ranted.

She finally turned to look at me but with the way she did I liked it better when she wasn't.

"And you! Have you no shame? Using my son and for what money? Isn't that all people like you want?" She accused.

I wasn't with Scott for his money. If we're being completely honest, it was Scott who went after me.

"Mrs.De Luca I'm not with Scott because of mon-"
I now my turn to be cut off.

"Do us all a favour dear and stop using my son. He won't be your piggy bank. He needs someone with class and people like you clearly don't have it."

She turned away from me and faced Scott, who looked deeply in thought.

"Dear I know what you are feeling right now for this girl is just lust and you'll have the perfect girl in no time." She glanced at me and scrunched up her nose.

"In the meantime get rid of this distraction and focus on school...now it was really nice seeing sweetheart but I really must be going. I love you."

She gave Scott a hug and kissed his cheek.

"Love you too." He said wrapping his arms around her and kissing her cheek as well.

Once she was out the door the tears I've been holding in finally came rushing out.

I run to Scott and hugged him while crying. Suddenly he pulled away from me and just stared at me.

"S-Scott..." I whispered nervously.

"Stop crying and get your things together." He told me coldly.

It felt someone just stabbed me in the chest.

"Wha-what do you m-mean?" I stuttered.

"I mean get stuff and get out." He started walking away. Of course I followed.

"Why are you kicking my o-out?" I asked jogging to keep up with him.
He turned to look at me with one of the most hateful looks I'd ever experienced.
He stormed up to me as I back away until I hit the wall.
He then slammed his hand on the wall near my head.

"Do you really think I'd stay with you after that?...my mother doesn't like you...and if she doesn't approve then the relationship is dead."
He said that like it was obvious.

With the little courage I had left I said.

"So that's it?...you just kick me out and leave me because your mom doesn't like me? Because I'm black?"

He shook his head and laughed a humorous-less laugh.

"Get your shit and get out. You have a hour." He pushed away from me headed to his study.

I just stood there with tears streaming down my face.

"Baby...baby wake up...baby...baby wake up."

I jumped up screaming

"Baby STOP!! baby it me Scott! Clam down ok..shh shh I'm here it's ok"

I was awakened from that terrible nightmare thank god. Looking around frantically my eyes land on Scott.

"S-Scott.." I whimpered while reaching my arms out to him.
He immediately pulled me from the bed and onto his lap.

"Yea sweetheart it's me...just relax for me ok?" His whispered in my ear. I nodded while closing my eyes tightly scared that this too is a dream.

After a while I finally calmed down.

"You wanna tell me about your dream baby?" Scott asked kissing the top of my head.

I shook my head furiously and hugged him closer.

He signed and murmured.

"ok, I won't force you but your telling me soon. Got it?"

I nodded shyly.
We sat in silence for about ten minutes before he ruined it with the words I've been dreading to hear.

"My mom is about an hour out...it's best we get ready."

Stiffly I nodded and got up from his lap.

"I'm gonna take a shower." I said getting a towel out of the drawer and heading to the bathroom.

"Ok I'll be in the guest room shower. Come to me if you need anything ok?" Scott standing up and leaning down to kiss my cheek.

"Ok I will" I forced a smile.

I think he could tell I was faking my smile because he looked at me with weary eyes.

"Baby I mean it...anything ok?" He said firmly gripping my waist.

"I will Scott now go we have to get ready." I groaned pushing him out the bathroom doorway.

After the door was shut I turned the shower on and waited for the water to warm.

I stepped into the shower and let the water hit my tense body hoping it would calm me down a little.

God I hope that nightmare wasn't predicting the future. I've started to really like Scott...maybe more that like.

*************************************************

Hey guys! I'm sooo sorry for not updating but I literally forgot my password. I finally found it in my notes 📝 😉.

So now we're all good.

also I wanted to say that I appreciate all the love and support you guys give it really motivates me to keep writing.

P.S: Don't forget to comment,vote, and follow!!! ❤️💚💙😘