Ch.21

Jayda

The knocking on the bathroom door brought me from my daydreaming.

I poked my head out of the shower and grabbed my towel. After making sure it was tightly wrapped, I answered.

"Y-Yes?"

"Baby my mom will be here in 10 minutes." Scott says from the other side.

TEN MINUTES!!!

"O-Ok I just need to put my clothes on"
"Alright I'll be downstairs."
I could hear his footsteps fading.

Signing I turned to grab my clothes only to realise they weren't there.

Oh no...please don't tell me I left them on the BED!!

Ok ok ok calm down Jayda...just go in there grab them and run back...no big deal.

I wish I actually believe that lie.

I took a deep breath and gripped the knob of the bathroom door. After a quick prayer I swung the door open and looked around.

Hmm he's not in here...that's the first, he usually would wait for me to finish in the bathroom then we would leave together.

But I'm not gonna jinx this.

I searched frantically for my clothes but couldn't find them. The bed looked freshly made and the draws were empty.

His mom will be here in less than ten minutes!!

Giving up my pride I call out to Scott.

"S-Scott!?"
I hear shuffling around and thuds up the stairs.
He was here in seconds.

"Yeah baby?" He looked me up and down.
"Why aren't you dressed yet?"

I blushed but I'm pretty he can't tell because of my skin tone.

"Um..I can't find my clothes" I almost whispered.
Scott signed like he was dealing with a child.

"Where were your clothes last baby?" He asked leaning against the door.

"On the bed" he looked around and signed again deeply.

"Baby I washed today." He said with such grief.
After a few seconds he grabs my hand and pulls me out the room.

"W-Where are we g-going?" I asked worriedly.
I have on nothing but a towel as coverage.

"We're going to get some of my clothes in the other room." He continued pulling me along.

He opens a door to a room I've never seen before and head to the closet.

He came back and handed me a pair of sweats and a t-shirt.

"It's not exactly what I wanted my mom to see you in first but rather this than a towel right?"

I nodded and head back to the bathroom to get dressed.

10 minutes later....

"Mom you made it...how was your travel? wasn't too much was it?" I heard Scott ask from downstairs.

Oh shit...she's here

Looking in the mirror to fix my hair one more time I sat on the bed waiting for Scott to come and get me.

While waiting I play with my fingers

At least my hair is ok...god why am I such an idiot? Can't even look after clothes correctly!