⚫ Chapter 26⚫

I looked around noticing that we were in a room

I looked around noticing that we were in a room. It wasn't a small room. In fact, it was quite big. It was the size of a soccer field. The walls looked like they were made out of stone. I then looked up to see the bright blue sky. The room was shaped like a cup.

"Follow me," Mateo said.

We followed him as he walked towards the opening of the room. He moved aside leaf vines to reveal something so magical. "This is Regnum Aqua," he said. We all stepped out of the room to get a good look at Regnum Aqua.  

"This is the west part of Latum Alterum. Ruled by Alpha Aqua," Mateo added.

I gasped. I had never in my life seen something so compelling. There was a castle that stood in the midst of the land with clear water flowing right beside it. It was a very green place with thick forests of trees and plants, and wide plains of grass. The sky was also a remarkable sight. It was a bright sky blue with deep purple clouds that held a hint of warm pink. And just behind the towering castle, tints of flaming orange and fiery yellow peeked through. The sun was going down.

"Let's go," Mateo said. We all began to follow him while as we continued to observe Regnum Aqua with amazement.

"This place looks like paradise!" Nathan exclaimed in awe. As we followed Mateo, I moved over towards the left-hand side to get a better view of the water. Because it was crystal-clear, I was able to get a good look at the fish. Vibrant colours of the rainbow zipped past my eyes. I couldn't resist the urge, so I dipped my hand in the water. A class of yellow and red fish swam around my hand tickling me. I chuckled as I began to sway my fingers back and forth.

"They're beautiful," Saphira sighed next to me. "Yes, they are," I said before removing my hand from the water.

"Come on Leilani, we gotta go," Nathan urgently said. We continued following Mateo as we walked through the green environment. Suddenly, something remarkable caught my eye. "What are they?" I asked noticing two small creatures, who looked like tiny humans, stare at us from the leaves of a tree. "They're Aqua prædictas Fatales. They help take care of our plants," Mateo responded. I stared at him with confusion. "They're Fairies."

I turn my gaze back at the fairies in admiration. They existed. I could hear them talking to each other. Their voices were high, and they were speaking fast. Suddenly, one of them flew down from the tree branch and stopped right in front of my face. In shock, I stood there with my eyes glued to her. She had fair skin with bright golden hair and her eyes were a radiant emerald green. Her ears were pointed, and her lips were a blush pink.

My eyes moved away from her and I began to observe her iridescent wings. They were fascinating. I could see every detail of their thin film of chitin. I looked away from her wings to see that she was barefoot. She then flew away and disappeared into the trees. "Alright. Let's keep moving," Mateo said. So we continued walking through Regnum Aqua as we followed Mateo until we reached the entrance of a long bridge. As soon as I got on, I peered over to look at the water flowing underneath us. From up high I could see several sea creatures as they jumped out of the water for a brief second before diving back in.

"I think I'm going to like it here," Lucian said. "Me too," others added.

Once we made it to the other side, we continued to follow Mateo. After a couple of minutes, we stopped in front of what seemed like a green door made out of plants. "Our domain has many gardens, and this is one of them. He's gathering the packs in here." We then entered this huge garden filled with many people. Their eyes were on us for a brief moment before they continued to chat amongst themselves. I looked up to see pretty butterflies roaming above us. It was as if they were moving in slow motion. Their harmonious colours glistened under the sun. I couldn't move my eyes away from them. This place was beyond beautiful.

We approached the middle as Mateo walked towards a tall man. He turned around and immediately his green sparkly eyes connected with mine.

 He turned around and immediately his green sparkly eyes connected with mine

"Who is that?" Saphira whispered to me as we both stared at him. "I'm not sure," I answered back.

"He's hot," a girl from our pack said as we watched him continue talking with Mateo. I moved my eyes away from him and stared at the other packs. There were a lot of us. Some looked nervous while others beamed with excitement. I no longer felt afraid. Maybe this wasn't going to be as bad as I thought.

"Alright, we're still waiting for two more packs, so just remain patient," Mateo announced to us.

As we waited, I stood there talking with my friends but ever so often my eyes would land on the tall man. He was literally staring at me. "Looks like someone can't get their eyes off of you," Saphira whispered into my ear. He smiled at me before looking away as he continued talking with Mateo. Why was he staring at me so much?

Soon the last two packs entered. "Leilani," I heard someone call out. I turned to see Elias and our friends walking towards us. "Indigo, Violet, Neha!" Saphira exclaimed before giving the girls a hug.

"Hey," Nathan said before he, Blaike, and Lucian greeted the boys, Jasper, Raphael, and Julian.

I embraced Elias in a hug. I opened my eyes to see the tall man staring at me and Elias.  He was kind of creepy. "Are you ok?" my mate asked me.

"Yes, I'm good. What about you?" I asked him back as I released myself from his embrace. "I'm fine. This place is amazing," he said while looking up at the butterflies.

"Alright listen up! Welcome to Regnum Aqua. I am Alpha Aqua, but you can all just call me Sebastián," the tall man said. "I know a lot of you may have questions, but don't fret. You will be able to ask them later at the castle tonight after dinner. Mateo will now show you where you will be staying." We immediately began to exit the garden.

"You. What's your name?" I heard someone ask me.

I turned around to see Sebastián standing in front of me. His green eyes stared into my eyes as he looked down at me. "Uh, it's Leilani," I responded.

"You must be the vampire. Hi, I'm Sebastián," he said while reaching his hand out.

"He already said that," Elias said while rolling his eyes. I pinched Elias' arm as I reached my other hand to shake Sebastián's.

"It's nice to meet you," I responded as he continued holding onto my hand.

"Likewise."