chapter twenty-five

chapter twenty-five ;; a few months ago

N a t s u P O V

"Gray, I have a plan" I said and Gray looked.

"And that is?" His brow raised amd I smirked. I dragged him outside and sat in my car, gesturing him to go inside. He gladly went and we road off.

-❁⸙ at the jewerly

"Natsu, what the heck are we doing here?" Gray asked and glanced at his salmon haired partner as he scanned the glass tables, checking or looking for a perfect ring.

"Yes sir? What brings two fine gentlemen here?" The saleslady asked, looking at the two with a smile.

"Uhm...I'm here for a promise ring-you know, for a promise" Natsu replied and the girl smiled widely.

She crouched down and reached for a box, she placed it on the glass table and opened it for Natsu and Gray to see.

"There are a lot of types of Promise rings, the reason why there is this type of ring is because they can be signs of relationship commitments, symbolizing the desire to marry, although engagement isn't in the cards yet. They can be given as promises of loyalty or pure love-so let's start with the other types of Promise rings, I'll explain every type of ring and just tell me in the end on which one you want, okay sir?" She explaimed and Natsu just nodded.

"Okay, so let's start with the Pre-engagement rings, although promise rings can be given on various occasions, they are still mostly given as a pre-engagement ring to those who want to get engaged and get married in the future. Through time, this ring will then be replaced with a proper engagement ring and, eventually, a wedding ring."

She pointed to an attractive ring, but it just didn't scream PERFECTION for Natsu. So, he told her to continue.

"Next is the Purity Promise Rings, these rings are worn by coupes who promise to remain chaste or to abstain from something. Sometimes, parents give their children purity promise rings as a type of promise for them to stay sexually pure until they get married."

"Next is the Abstinence Rings, aside from sexual abstinence, promise rings can also be used to symbolize abstinence from bad habits, such as smoking and drinking."

"Next is the Friendship Rings, as said from the title-sometimes, friends exchange promise rings as a promise that they will always remain friends or that they will not succumb to falling into a romantic affair with one another."

"The list can go on is you want, but what I highly advice is the Knot Promise Ring"

She showed Natsu and Gray a ring with a knot:

"The knot symbolizes the intention of always being tied, symbolizes a promise of being together 'til death do it's part

"The knot symbolizes the intention of always being tied, symbolizes a promise of being together 'til death do it's part. It's a simple explanation that you'd be with her through think or thin. It's just like every other ring, but this one is special-you can get two pairs, for you and your lover"

Gray glanced at Natsu knowing that he'll pick this one. He knows that Natsu will never leave her, that the love within him will remain forever. Natsu smiled soflty.

"I'm choosing that one" He said and the sales lady nodded with a grin.

"The girl you are giving this too, must be very special" The saleslady said with a smile and Natsu smirked.

"She really is"