Chapter 6

6lack's POV

Four days later (Friday)

Jaycina picked up Syx around noon. Thankfully she didn't bring any dramatics with her. After Jay left I headed to the studio. I wasn't recording anything new, I just wanted to mess around in the booth for a while.

 I wasn't recording anything new, I just wanted to mess around in the booth for a while

(The studio)

I was alone in the studio, typically T and then would be with me, but I needed time on my own. As I sat on the couch jotting down ideas Tori popped into my mind. I hadn't heard from her since the big blow up with Jay. I tried to hit her up on that night to no avail.

6lack: I know what happened on Monday was shitty, and I'm sorry. Im at Soul Asylum studios, come down here and talk to me

6lack: or at least respond to me

I sounded like a desperate nigga, but I ain't care. The shit that Jay pulled was not ok and I needed to tell Tori that I ain't approve of that shit.

After waiting around for a little while I played around on the soundboard. I had a beat already, I just needed to lay down some verses. I was in the process of completing my second album. I hadn't even announced the name of it yet: East Atlanta Love Letter.

I pulled up the beat for a song called Disconnect.  I hopped in the booth and slid the headphones over my ears.

"You think I don't know when to call it quits. How could I not know after all this here?"

Through the glass of the booth I could see the door to the recording room slowly opening. At first I could only see her curly hair, then the rest of her slowly came into view.

 At first I could only see her curly hair, then the rest of her slowly came into view

(So I've decided this is Tori. This the outfit she wearing too. Her IG is @ashlydanielaa)

Tori stood in the studio and gave me an awkward wave with her right hand. She slipped out of her denim jacket and laid it on the black couch.

I removed the headphones and exited the booth to join her out in the studio.

"I'm glad you came by," I said as I stood across from her.

"Well, seemed like you had something you needed to tell me," she responded as she sat down in one of the roller chairs.

I sat in the chair beside her. "I just wanted to apologize on behalf of Jaycina, she's really not that bad but... she's still feeling some type of way about us not working out."

Tori eyed the soundboard as she responded, "So is it true then?"

"Is what true?"

"Were you messing around with groupies while you were with her?" She looked directly in my eyes when she asked.

I chuckled, "I'ma tell you what I told her, I have too much on my plate to add some shit I don't need. She was really paranoid and insecure, we couldn't make it work anymore."

"I know you did not just hit me with a line from your song," Tori smirked as she gave me the side eye.

"Real talk though, that's what I told her. My songs and lyrics come from my life. I'm not tryna be funny, that's actually what I said."

"Mmmm, I see... well then I'm accepting the apology," Tori said as she extended her hand out to shake mine.

"Oh we ain't done yet. I know you were defending yourself and all, but you can't come at Jay like that. I know she started the shit but she is the mother of my child and I'm not about to let anyone disrespect her."

Tori took a deep breath in and then exhaled.

Tori's POV

Is this nigga crazy? Her stupid ass deserved everything I said.

I pushed my thoughts to the side and finally spoke. "All right, I respect that. I apologize as well."

I only said that because I knew I was never gonna see her ass again. No point in staying heated over a bitch I won't have to deal with.

"Great, glad we're on the same page," Ric said as he shook my hand.

"Now," he said as he stood up and rubbed his hands together. "On to the music."

"Oh no, I don't think so," I said as I quickly reached for my jacket. "I did not come here for music."

Ric quickly grabbed me by my hips and held me in place. I hadn't realized how close in height we were till then. I was 5'3 and maybe one or two inches shorter than him.

"Don't run off just yet," he pleaded. "Let's just mess around and see where it goes."

"Mess around?" I questioned as I looked down at his tattooed hands.

"In the booth I mean," he says still holding on to me.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "If say yes will you let go of me?"

He smiled, "Absolutely."

"Let's do it then."