Chapter 16

Tori's POV

I quickly covered my body and fumbled to put my shirt back on. In the doorway stood Benny and a heated Jaycina.

What the actual fuck

I got off Ric's lap and stood with my arms crossed. I was flustered but I wasn't going to let it show. Ric stood too and addressed the pair.

"Yo Benny, what the fuck?"

Benny looked embarrassed, "My bad Ric, she was looking for you and I told her you might be here."

Ric covered his face with his hand, "What do you need Jay?"

"I needed you to watch Syx for a couple days, but it seems like you've got other plans," she said as she glared at me.

Ric angled himself in front of me to block Jaycina's view. "Why do you need me to take her? I'm not supposed to get her for another two weeks." He stated.

"If you must know, my mother isn't doing well. I need to fly out to see her for a couple days," Jaycina said.

Ric ran his hands over his face, clearly frustrated. "Yes, I will take her. Drop her off at nine and don't be popping up unannounced again," He commanded.

Jaycina rolled her eyes and gave Ric the middle finger, "Whatever nigga." "Come on Benny, walk me out," she commanded before exiting the studio.

"Sorry," Benny said quietly before following her out.

I plopped down on the couch and exhaled. I hadn't realized that I was holding my breath that whole time.

"It's always something with her," Ric mumbled to himself before turning to face me. "You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm good. She is... a peach," I said sarcastically.

"I know, let me get ya back to ya crib. I need to clean up my spot before she bring Syx over."

I stood up and held Ric's hand as we exited the studio. "I could come and help ya know."

"Help me clean up?" He asked surprised.

"Did I stutter?" I said in a teasing manner.

He rolled his eyes, "Ya better watch ya mouth before I give you some act right."

My cheeks got hot, "Whatever, do you want my help or not?"

"Yeah, lets go."

At Ric's House

We got to Ric's place around eight and finished cleaning his place around eight forty-five. Apparently Ric had some sort of get together a couple days ago that had left his crib a mess.

"And why wasn't I invited to the get together?" I asked as I plopped down on the couch.

"Cause last time I invited you to something I almost had to beat my nigga ass," he said candidly.

I wasn't upset, but I pouted anyway. "Is it my fault he got sloppy drunk and came on to me?"

"Not at all. I wasn't sober enough to be looking out for you though, so it's probably best you ain't come."

The doorbell rang and we both knew it was Jaycina.

"Shit, let me get out of site," I said and I quickly stood up.

Ric chuckled and took my hands in his, "Chill out, this my shit. Jay ain't running shit around here. Just sit down." He kissed my cheek before going to answer the door.

6lack's POV

I opened the door and of course it was a Jaycina. Syx was fast asleep in her car seat.

"Here," Jaycina said and she roughly passed me Syx's diaper bag.

Don't get in to it with her, not today

I took Syx's car seat gently, "Thank you Jay, hope your mom gets better."

"Yeah thanks," she said dismissively. "I'll text you when I'm gonna come get her."

"Okay Jay...." I said, hoping she would just leave.

"Bye baby," Jaycina said softly before returning to her car.

I let out a sigh of relief and gently shut my front door before joining Tori in the living room.

"Oh my gosh...." Tori said softly as I sat down Syx's car seat. "She is so beautiful."

"I appreciate that," I smiled as I admired my sleeping daughter.

"Well," Tori began and then paused. "I guess I'd better get going now."

She stood and gave me a hug, "You can stay if you'd like."

"Actually, please stay," I pleaded with her.

A small smile formed on her lips, "Anything for you Mr. Valentine."

The night went on very smoothly. Tori was very good with Syx and I was surprised by that. Not that I didn't think she wouldn't be good, she just exceeded my expectations. It was clear that Syx had taken a liking to Tori as well.

We played with some of Syx's toys, watched some kiddie shows, Tori even helped with a diaper change.

Once Syx was down for the night Tori and I laid out on my bed exhausted.

"I've never been this tired in my life," Tori groaned.

"Life of a parent," I chuckled.

"And you're a good one, I can tell," she complimented me. "Man... she is so precious Ric."

"I can't take all the credit," I joked. I mean I really couldn't, I just hoped she didn't grow up and get her mommas attitude.

Tori climbed on top of me and laid her head on my chest. "I think I've got baby fever now," she laughed.

"I think I can fix that," I said with a smirk.

She playfully hit my chest, "I'm good, I'll just visit you and Syx."

I kissed her forehead and we laid there in silence. Eventually Tori fell asleep laying on me, and I'm not gonna lie, a nigga was feeling kinda soft and shit. It was a good ass day and I was glad I got to end it with her.