Chapter 13

Tori's POV

I took a quick shower and got dressed after I called Gem. I put on a black top, jeans, and leopard print slides. I threw on a leather jacket over my top before I awaited Gem's arrival.

I stood outside the front door of my apartment and watched the parking lot for any signs of my  car

I stood outside the front door of my apartment and watched the parking lot for any signs of my  car. After fifteen minutes had passed I saw Gem pulling in. She parked in the nearest spot and then began to approach me.

"Here," she said as she placed my keys in my hand.

"Thanks," I said as I began to head back into my apartment.

"That's all you've got to say?" She questioned.

My blood was beginning to boil, "What the fuck you want me to say? You and me, we're done though. I don't want to hear from you, I don't want to see you. Lose my fucking number."

"Oh it's like that?" Gem questioned  defensively.

"It's exactly like that and I don't have shit else to say, so you can leave now," my words were like daggers.

"You could at least give me a ride back home, you ain't gotta be such a bitch."

I got in her face, "Nah, fuck you Gem. You took my car and left me at the damn club. For what? Cause you were made your thirst trap wasn't working on the nigga?"

Her hands balled up into fists at her side, "Yeah, so what? Maybe that is why I took off. Your slut ass shouldn't have been all in his face!" She was starting to yell.

"And as my friend you shouldn't have entertained him knowing how I felt about him!" She pointed her finger in my face.

"Get your hands out my damn face! And guess what, you taking my car was stupid because guess who brought me back home," I smirked at her, she wanted to act an ass so I was going to act an ass too.

Gem's face started to turn red. I could tell she wanted to hit me, so I prepared to dodge an attack from her.

"Fuck you, you trick ass bitch!" She tried to punch me, but she missed and I pushed her away from me.

"Don't start shit you can't finish Gem, I'm warning you," I threatened.

At that point my neighbors had heard the commotion and were poking their heads out to see what was happening.

"This ain't over," Gem said before walking away from me.

I rolled my eyes and returned to the comfort of my apartment. I called up Daniel to let him know that I was done with Waffle House and not to expect me for my next shift.

Time for a fresh start

After I finished talking to Daniel a text came to my phone.

Ric🐻: Breakfast was amazing, so how about I treat you to dinner. 7 work for you?

I smiled as I sent my reply.