So-called

------------------------------------------------------------

🥀.

The petals of a deep garnet rose wither when the wind blows a playful breeze throughout the Unknown. It just so happens that the Lantern Barrer walked past it with a grim scowl. He held up the radiant lantern with his machete in hand. The soft breeze cracked into a torment one full of cold. As his midnight cape lifted up, the young teenager halts, crunching a couple of dead leaves under him. The snap of a twig makes his slightly turn his head to the sharp noise. There's a follower?

His pastel colored eyes trail back into the dark onyx woods behind him. The ruffle of crunched leaves signal that there was indeed a follower, but who could it be? A loud whistle rang coming from the trees. Unsettled, Wirt looks ahead this time he illuminates the entire area. "Come out!"he yells scanning the area.

"I̴͇̬̳͇t̤̮͕̣̀'̬̭͎̬͈͔̕ͅs̫̣̱̳̼͔͝ ͞b͓̜̱͇̭e̢͎͚é͎͎̝͓͉͍n̷̺̯ ̝̟̼̰̤̮t̖͔̯h̬r̳̤̰̘̼͝ee͏͕̼̳̘ ̷̻͉̦̪d̷̼̖͕̳͖ͅa̜̰̝͢ys̷̩̮̞̯̱ ̶̖̯͍̮s̢i̖̹n̟͝c̝̬͔̠̻̳͍ę̰͈̹ ͇́ͅy̙̟͙͙̖o̙̪̤̫̗ͅͅu̮̣̼ ̜̻̰̪͙͖̹ẁ̥̰̰e͔̳̙͉ͅr̺̤͍̺e̬͓̬͢ͅ ̳͕͈̖̳̫̥g̮̥͕͎̥on̤̭͍ḛ̬̩̱,͟ ̛̭͖y͢o̪̯͠u̘̜̺̙'͇͕̜̬͈̺͡v̕e͈̟̩͙̜̜̠ ̰̳̠̜̩͇͘s͉͜ṵ̤̪̱̥̣r̢͇vị͓̟v̝͚̥e̷͈̲̪̫͔̙d̹̹̕ ̝̭̬́ṣ͉͚̬̼o̴̩̦̳ f̘͓̲̜̪̹́ạ͓̩̱r̝̼͟.̘͉ ̩͔͜Y̶̤̻͖̱̱o̟̪̥̪̘̕ͅu̥̮̜͙̠ ̀r̪͇̜e̜̲̹̞a̕l̘͖̖̞l̗͈y̠̫̙̗̣̲͠ ͏̥̺d̯͍̻͕ͅo̸̫͚͍̠ ̱͔͎ì̦͉̠n̞̫̻t͙̘̬̲r̼̕i̢̹̩͖̞̖͖͔g̰̼͇͈͕̬u̯̭͇̲̖͜e̪̞̼̜̤ ̗̣͈̦͎͚̀m̴̬̻e̳̩..."

A corrupted voice chirps into Wirt's ear. It's so soft you can hear the innocence ring out of distortion. Is it close by? Wirt wonders frozen.

"Wh̦̘͍͢at̟͚̤̻ ͚a̺͇̠̦̩ͅr͙̖̦̪͞e͠ ͇̤y͏o̵̺u̗̖̫͈ ̭̪w͈̺͇͍̼ͅo̳͚̯͚̱͙̯͜nd̴͈̺̻̗̣͇e͟r͍͡i͍͜n̳͇̣g̛̹̮̠ ̵̗͉ͅa̙̭̳b̼̥͞ǫu͔͚̘̯̟̩t̝̰̞͍̝̕?̗͓̣̼̩̖͖"

Suddenly Wirt sees something from the corner of his eye. His body grows a bit heavy as he takes a look. WHAT THE- A cold hand claps over his lips just as he's about to open them. He let's out a muffled scream as a little boy peaks out behind him with two black pools for eyes and pale grey skin.

"I̋́͏̛̮̘̻̤͚ ̵̢̟̼̲̼̝̈́̇͊ͣã̸̴͕̟̦̿m̨̟͙̰̘̹̦̣͕̋͐ͩ̈́ͩ̂ͮ͊͠ ̨̫̹̍͋̋r̢̹̮̘̝͔̀ͧi̟̫͎͔̞͔̎̔ͤ̋̋̚͠ģ̴̡͉̰͖̑̽͑̈ḩ͔͎̔͛̓ͣ̌ͭ͛͆͘t̡͙̞̰̘̬͙̯̫̞̃͐͊ͣ̿͛ͬ͌͜ ͐̋͛̓́̚͏̘̬̣̕h̵̴̥̲̘͍ͧ̀͋e̳͕̫̝͐̊̄ͅr͇̪̳̆͆̇̈́̂ͬ̓ͭͩͅȩ̻̲̦̳̠̽͆͌͠ͅ.̶̨̩͙̱̱͗̅͢"

Swinging the machete like a mad man, the Lantern Barrer's heart beat peaks dramatically to a flight or fight mode. He turns on his heel, and races through the forest. Adrenaline pumping hard. He doesn't look back, he doesn't want to. I want to go back home! I don't want to be here. The hysterical teen competes with the crunching of weak leaves behind him.