♠️Run♠️

Wirt watches silently as the idiotic duo races down the rocky corridor of ink

      Wirt watches silently as the idiotic duo races down the rocky corridor of ink. The Lantern Barrer mentally face palms. This is what I get for letting stowaways on my boat. He takes a few hurried steps after them, then settles for a quick jog. "How far did they go?"

     Then something grips one of Wirt's long antlers. It pulls him back,"Ack!" A giant hand with slender wood for fingers grabs his entire face. The monstrous hand proceeds to slam his face, nose first into a deep puddle of black ink. Wirt tries to pry off the hand with one hand while the other clutches his lantern. Get off! The hand curls up only to yank his hair up, pulling along his head. Then it batters the teen's face back into the water with twice as much force. Get off!! The Lantern Barrer drops his lantern, and goes into flight versus fight mode. He tries to shake is head to get oxygen. The hand yanks him back up to the surface where Wirt gasp for air. He then is pummeled back in.

       Is it the Beast? No, it can't be his hand and force are way more powerful and bigger. It must be a monster he sent. If that's the case I'll just play dead. With now a plan, Wirt lays still under the water. For a good minute he stays that way until the hand retreats. Heavy footsteps can be heard from the surface. It ran away.

     Wirt lifts up his head from the water, and gobbles up air. Whatever it is I'm going to kill it...Wait the others!

------------------------------------------------------------

-Run-

"Drapetomania; the overwhelming urge to run away."

🥀.

       The Lantern Barrer huffs and puffs, I get drowned then chased. Just great! He takes a swift right turn. I can't run forever especially with these two on my back. F***! Wirt frantically searches for an exit as he lights the way. As he does he looks back to see Finn and Bill still asleep. An familiar feeling builds up in his stomach. Why am I saving them? I don't get it, why am I doing this?