Chapter 9

Negan steps through the Sanctuary doors, Lucille resting against his shoulder as he looks out at the gates. One of his men had called through on the radio, apparently two trucks had been spotted heading in their direction, most likely Vince's men with their supplies.

He smirks as he hears footsteps behind him. "Morning, beautiful."

"Morning." Sarah smiles, standing beside him. Negan turns to her, wrapping his arm around her waist and kissing her softly. She almost forgets to breathe, her fingers curling through the back of his hair. "Wow, someone's in a good mood."

"Why shouldn't i be?" He smirks. "We've got supplies on the way, and i've got a sexy piece of ass right in front of me. The world's my fucking oyster, sweetheart."

Sarah giggles, slapping his chest playfully. "When will they get here?"

"Soon is my guess."

"You planning on using her today?" Sarah glances at Lucille.

"You'd fucking like that wouldn't you?" Negan chuckles. "No, my baby's just for show today. Unless someone pisses me off."

They both turn at the sound of engines in the distance, Negan making his way down the Sanctuary steps towards the gate.

His men open the gate, two trucks rolling inside. Negan wastes no time, pulling back the tarpaulin and scanning Vince's offerings.

"This all looks good." Negan grins.

"I should hope so." One of Vince's men steps out of the truck. "Took us a good few hours to load it up. Name's Brian." He nods

"Well, we sure fucking appreciate it, Brian." Negan smiles.

"How about showing it by holding up to your end of the bargain?"

Negan stares at him coldly as Sarah steps forward.

"Hey, don't forget who you're talking to," she warns him.

Negan holds out a hand to keep her at bay. "She's right, watch how you're fucking talking to me."

"The bridge is gone. Nearly lost the second truck trying to make it over."

Negan runs a hand over his beard. "I see. Well, i'll have my people on it right away." Negan smiles. "Once i've got all this inside." He steps closer, his hand gripping Lucille tightly. "I can be reasonable. But you do not wanna get on the wrong side of me, understand?"

Brian nods. "Sorry." He rubs the back of his head. "It's been a shitty morning."

"Yeah, i'll bet. Let's get this shit inside." Negan taps Lucille against the side of the truck.

~

Negan pulls up to what's left of the bridge, Vince's two trucks behind him.

"You weren't fucking kidding when you said it was gone. It's fucked."

"That's a fucking understatement," Sarah says.

"How long is this gonna take?" Brian asks.

"Fuck knows. This isn't exactly my area of expertise. Lisa!" Negan calls to the truck behind them. Lisa steps out of the truck, her blonde hair fixed into a braid. She holds a few books in the crook of her arm, a pencil tucked behind her ear. "How long you think this fucker's gonna take?"

"Depends."

"On what?" Negan asks.

"All kinds of shit. Whether it needs fixing or completely rebuilding, what kinda tools we have to work with."