The Final Chapter

Sarah runs her fingers through Negan's hair as he sleeps, his mouth hung open a little as he snores lightly. She traces a loose curl that hangs over his forehead, smiling contentedly as she watches his chest rise and fall. She could watch him sleep for hours.

A knock startles her, and it rouses Negan from his sleep. He rubs at his eyes, looking up briefly at Sarah.

"Was that a knock?" He barely mumbles.

"Yeah, you want me to get it?"

He shakes his head as he throws back the covers. There's another knock, much more loud and urgent than the last.

"Alright, give me a goddamn minute!" Negan shouts as he pulls on his pants. He answers the door to a shifty looking Simon. "What's up?"

"The Satellite outpost."

Negan runs a hand through his hair. "What about it?"

"Everyone's dead."

Negan's jaw suddenly clenches, his eyes widening as he stares at Simon. "What? What the fuck do you mean everyone's dead?!"

~

Sarah sits with her feet up on Negan's sofa. She'd wanted to go help, but Negan had insisted there wasn't much she could do, and so he'd left.

She wonders who could have attacked them, whether it was the same people who had attacked T and the others. It was just their luck to come across more assholes after just putting an end to a whole fuck load of them. Not only had they lost a shit load of men, but they'd lost a hell of a lot of weapons, since those who had attacked them had cleared out the armoury at the Satellite outpost.

This would mean another war, and she smiles a little at the thought.

~

Dwight walks through the woods near the Sanctuary, another Savior by his side. He'd been trying hard to get the hang of his crossbow, but he still couldn't quite hit his target. He aims at a spot he'd marked on a tree, swearing as he misses it by a good distance. His arrows shoots off into the bushes.

"Harder than it looks."

"You think?" Dwight says sarcastically. "Make yourself useful, Alden, and go get my arrow." Alden laughs as he heads towards the bushes. Dwight furrows his brows. "Wait!" He runs after Alden, grabbing the collar of his shirt just as he's about to step off a steep drop.

"Holy shit!" Alden gasps as he falls down on his ass, sitting close to the edge.

"I forgot about that drop," Dwight says.

"Someone should cut these back." Alden gestures to the bushes. "Jesus! If you hadn't pulled me back.." Alden shakes his head as he looks over the edge. "What the.."

"What is it?" Dwight asks.

"It's.. oh shit."

"What the hell is it?" Dwight frowns as he leans over to take a look.

Alden grabs his shoulder, pulling him back. "Don't. You don't wanna see."

Dwight stares at him, then shrugs off his hand before looking over the edge. It feels like the ground has been pulled from beneath him, as if he's falling at a great speed, when really he's just still. "It's.." Dwight shakes his head. "It can't be." He swallows thickly.

"I'm sorry."

"No. It isn't her. It can't be!" Dwight yells as he rises to his feet. He runs along the ledge, trying to find a way to get down. He scrambles down a shorter drop on his ass, Alden not far behind him.