Chapter 11

"Fuck!" Negan slams the door, clenching his fists as he paces the room.

Sarah turns to him, rubbing at her eyes. "Negan. What's wrong?"

"I have to go."

"Where.. and why?"

"Dwight thinks he's got a lead on those assholes who took out T's post."

"Really?" Sarah jumps out of bed, searching for her panties.

"Woah, where the fuck do you think you're going?"

"You don't want me with you?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Of course i fucking do, but, i also need you here." Negan runs a hand over his beard.

Sarah doesn't know whether to feel proud that he needs her where she is, or sickly at the thought of him being away.

"Can't you send someone else to check out this lead?"

Negan shakes his head. "Not if i want it done fucking right. I've already got through to Simon on the radio. He should be here no later than tonight, hopefully."

"You sent for Simon?"

"Yeah. That asshole Vince needs another Alpha to keep him in line. Simon's the perfect man for the job, i know you'll be safe with him here."

"I can look after myself, Negan."

"Yeah, it's not that i'm necessarily worried about. I need Simon to keep you in line too."

"Gee, thanks."

Negan chuckles. "After what happened yesterday, you've shown me i can't leave you to your own devices. So fucking behave, you hear me?"

"Of course." She smiles.

"I'm gonna have Lisa sleep in here with you, along with Simon and Gareth."

"Wow! Simon and Gareth.. in the same room as me?" She smirks.

"Simon isn't fucking stupid, he knows better than to fuck around with my girl. And Gareth.. well, the guys a goddamn pussycat, that, and he knows i'd cut his nuts off and make him wear them as ear warmers."

"That's an image i wont get out of my head for the rest of the day."

Negan makes his way over, kneeling down in front of her. "Sarah. You've gotta promise me you won't do anything stupid. That yesterday was just a one off."

Sarah rolls her eyes. "I promise."

"Hey." He places his fingers beneath her chin. "Say it like you mean it."

She looks deep in his hazel eyes, her heart sinking at the thought of not seeing them for a while. "I promise."

"Good girl." He smirks, brushing his thumb over her chin. Negan lowers his hand, giving her nipple a quick squeeze. "Now, get dressed. I've gotta go soon."

~

Negan drives down the road, tapping his leather clad fingers against the wheel. He didn't like leaving her, especially there of all places. Not necessarily because he was worried she'd get hurt, because God help anyone who did hurt her, that'd be their funeral. But because one, she was his, and two, he didn't trust her not to do something stupid. Fuck it turned him on though, just as much as it pissed him off. In fact, he was getting a hard on just thinking about her.

He'd never been so torn before. It felt good to be loved, real love, not the kind his wives lied about on a daily basis. His wives loved what he did for them, but they didn't love him, and he knows that. As much as he genuinely didn't want his wives to come to harm, it felt good when he saw the look in Sarah's eyes everytime she looked at them, because it made him feel wanted.