Chapter 12

The lead had come to nothing but a dead end, and Negan was less than impressed to say the least. On the plus side, it meant he could get back to Vince's place, and he was more than eager to do so.

Despite his eagerness, Negan had made his way back to the Sanctuary. Mostly to ensure the place hadn't gone to shit in his absence, but partly because he needed some fresh clothes.

He makes his way down the corridor, heading towards Sarah's room. Negan figures she'd appreciate fresh clothes as much as he does. He opens her door, scanning the bedroom briefly before rifling through her drawers, grabbing a few pairs of cotton panties, a couple of vests and jeans, and three pairs of socks. Negan freezes, furrowing his brows as he pulls out a box.

"What the shit?" He holds a box of what appears to be birth control pills in his hand. Maybe she forgot? He tries to reason with himself, but he knows better. "Jesus fucking Christ, Sarah!" Negan rubs at his temples. You were just asking for this. What the fuck did you expect her to do? Negan punches the drawer shut. He leaves her room, taking the box with him.

~

Sarah stands watch as Lisa makes a start on the bridge. The Saviors had brought almost everything she'd needed the day before, and Vince had been adamant she start immediately.

Simon watches over Vince's men with beady eyes. He didn't trust them, from the little Sarah had told him. That, and he himself had took note of how the women were. Quiet, as if they weren't really there, in fact, if you didn't go in search of them, you wouldn't even know this place had any women at all. Simon was far from being some kind of male feminist, but he did treat those around him equally. He couldn't care less whether they had a pair of nuts, or a pair of tits, as long as they had his back and did their job well. So it bothers him that all Vince's men were exactly that.. men. And it bothers him more, because it bothers Sarah.

"Heads up!" Sarah shouts as a couple of the dead stumble out of the woods. "I've got it," she says, making her way over. She takes her knife, not wanting to waste bullets, and quickly takes out the first, plunging her knife into it's skull with ease. The second is a little more difficult, with it being more than a foot taller than her.

Simon takes note, drawing his gun and aiming it at the dead should she fail to take it out. He needn't worry, as Sarah comes up behind it, kicking it to the ground and swiftly taking it out with her knife. Simon smiles, placing his gun back in its holster.

"She's pretty damn good at that."

Simon turns to his left. "You have no idea." He smiles.

"Name's Gavin." He offers his hand.

Simon takes it with a smile, this being the first of Vince's men to even bother introducing themselves. "Simon."

"It's been a while since i've seen a woman out here," Gavin says.

"We've got plenty women like her.. well," Simon tilts his head briefly to one side. "Not quite like her. But, they know how to handle themselves."

Gavin nods, wiping at his sweat covered brow. "I guess the women here aren't so good with handling themselves."

Simon runs his fingers over his moustache. "How long you been here?"

"Not long. About a month, maybe two."

Simon toys with the idea of pressing him further, perhaps getting some much needed intel from him, but he's not sure it's a good idea to trust someone he'd just met. Yeah, Gavin seemed okay, but that didn't mean he was. His radio suddenly crackles, distracting him from his thoughts. "This is Simon, could you repeat that, over."