G. Way - Little gal

father!gerard and daughter!reader

this was requested a while ago, and i'm sorry if it took long! here it is!❤️

also, brendon and dallon are completely out of characters in this one. no hate towards them, love them both uwu

For Layla❤️

- - -

The front door slammed closed, making Gerard look over his shoulder. He sat on the couch with a pencil and sketchbook in his hands, drawing aimlessly on the paper. His eyes landed on the small figure by the door, reaching up to hang her coat.

"Hey, kiddo." He greeted, smiling widely at his daughter. She looked at him and smiled back, using her hand to cover something on her cheek. "What are you doing?" Gerard chuckled, referring to her hand.

She looked down, "N-nothing," "Aw, come on. You can tell me." He cooed, his soft smile never leaving his face. She huffed, "I don't want to take about it, dad."

"Well, have you eaten-," "No and I'm not hungry." She snapped, stomping her foot against the wooden floor. Gerard furrowed his eyebrows and she sighed, "I'll be in my room."

And with that, she left the living room with her dad confused as he could ever be.

"I'm telling you," Gerard started, scratching his head as he leaned back against his chair. "Something's bugging my little girl and I want to know what it is." He sighed, grabbing his cup of coffee from the table.

"Puberty," Mikey said, drinking his own coffee. Gerard rolled his eyes, "Oh, shut up." "What's wrong with my favorite niece?" Frank interjected, resting his elbows on the arm rests. Gerard shrugged, "She keeps showing up with bruises and-,"

"Bruises? Gerard," Ray glared at his best friend, raising an eyebrow. "Have you considered that maybe your child is getting bullied?" "Oh shit." Frank gasped, realizing the situation. Gerard thought for a moment.

"Getting bullied? By who and wouldn't she tell me that she was?" "Well, knowing her, she'd probably not because she thinks it'll bring you more problems." Mikey said, setting his cup down. Gerard rubbed his temples, looking at the wall clock, "I'm going to pick her up."

He got up, waving goodbye at the boys, and went straight to his car. As he climbed in, he drifted off for a second before shaking his head. "Why didn't you tell me?" He whispered to himself as he started the engine.

The drive towards Layla's school wasn't far from the café he was just in. The trip was mostly contained with random radio songs and traffic. As he slowly drived into the school zone, he noticed a girl walking down the sidewalk.

Her head was bowed down, looking at her shoes, her black hair bouncing with every step she took. "Isn't that Layla?" He asked himself as he pulled over, furrowing his eyebrows. He was about to climb out when he noticed two other figures running towards her.

Two boys.

One bumped into her, making her fall to the ground. The other, who was tall as he could get, laughed and patted her head. They were saying something, insults rather, but it was muffled to Gerard.

Gerard's eyes wandered off to his daughter, who was sitting on the ground, kneeling with tears running down her cheeks. "These motherfuckers," He cursed, feeling his own blood boiling. He climbed out of the car, slamming the door shut to gain their attention.

He marched down towards them, eyeing the two boys as they froze within his gaze. "Listen here, you fucking bastards." He spat as he helped his daughter up, gently grabbing her by the elbow. "Why do you think you are bullying this girl?"

"Because she easily cries and that's fun to watch," The shorter one smirked. Gerard clenched his hands into fists, wanting to punch the smug look on his face. "Oh, so if I punch you, would that be fun to watch?"

Layla's eyes widened at his father's comeback. Brendon gulped, "N-no, sir." "Then stop fucking with my daughter, you pricks. She's the most talented and worthy girl in my life, and you two bullies push her around? I think not." Gerard crossed his arms, raising a brow to them.

"You two seem like decent boys, but why pick on my daughter? Why pick on anybody? Don't get enough attention in your households?" Gerard chuckled, his fierce gaze still on the younger boys. "If I see, or hear, that you two keep on doing this," He pointed to them.

"There will be fucking consequences."

"Y-yes, sir." The taller one gulped. Gerard nodded, "Say sorry," He motioned for his daughter. Both of the boys apologized before scurrying away.

As they fade away, Gerard turned to her. Layla frowned and Gerard smiled, patting her head. "Wanna get ice cream?"

"Y-you're not mad at me?"

"What? No! You're my daughter," He laughed, putting an arm over her shoulders. "I heard there's a new ice cream parlor down the street."

Layla smiled, "Sounds good, dad."