B. Urie - Whatever it takes

takes place in Avengers: Endgame. if you haven't watched that, please do so. it is a really good movie and it's worth your time. spoilers coming ahead + feels.

- - -

Las Vegas, Nevada.
5 years after The Snap.

You pushed the attic door open, coughing as dust flew around your face. With one swift wave of your hand, you pushed the door open and climbed above the rickety-old ladder to the attic. You stood up, dusting off the dust off Brendon's sweatshirt. You coughed, looking at the boxes stacked on top of each other. You walked towards them, each of your steps causing the floor to creak and dust flying everywhere. You stood in front of a large, and worn out, box with the label "Brendon Urie" scribbled on it. You slowly dropped to your knees, pulling it out of where it was and closer to you.

You remembered everything so clearly, like it happened yesterday. You remember being in Wakanda, watching as Thanos' army tried to go through the barriers–killing themselves in the process. You remember Brendon standing besides you and Bucky, a charming smirk on his lips as his eyes turned yellow and skin crept into a darker shade of blue. You remember Brendon covering for you as you shot and killed the enemies coming your way. You remember how Brendon stood besides you, in defeat, as Thanos snapped his fingers.

And you remember how Brendon fell in your arms, his skin turning to it's natural color as he slowly turned to dust–along with Bucky, T'Challa, Groot, Sam, and Wanda. You remember his weak hand on your cheek and the faint smile on his lips as he whispered his final, "I love you" before disappearing within thin air.

Your heart ached as the scene replayed into your mind. It has been exactly five years since The Snap and the world grew colder by then. It wasn't the same, it left like something was missing–no, someone was missing. Your hands shakily open the lid, fearing you'd break down at the sight of Brendon's stuff. The house was quiet from below you, which was something you never got used to. Brendon wasn't there to sing to you every night and tease you endlessly when he had the chance, but he wasn't there anymore to do so.

Pulling up the first item from the box, your hand gripped on the leather journal that had his name printed on it. You smiled, deciding not to read whatever was on it as you set it to the side. Pulling out the next item, you felt your heart flutter at the small picture frame in your hand. It was a picture of you, when you were still in high school with him. It was the night after the prom, Brendon took you to his favorite hideout–a cliff where you could see the entire city–and he took a picture of you while you weren't looking. You smiled, eyes trailing to the writings written below the picture.

My girl, such a beauty and a blessing to this sinful world. I love you so much, lovely. -B

God, you missed him so much. You would climb to bed and dream of him, not in a sexual way but you'd dream of what could've happened if they all survived The Snap. You dreamed Brendon would still be besides you, holding you, making you laugh, and having a family with you. You'd wake up with a smile on your lips but then his side of the bed was always cold, shattering your blissful dreams within your fragile heart. Shaking your thoughts away, you set the picture frame besdies the journal and grabbed another item from the box.

It was a box, a blue coated box. You opened it and your eyes widened at the silver necklace in it. It was the same necklace you gave Brendon at his 16th birthday, no wonder why you couldn't find it–he kept it safe. You pulled it out of the box and opened the small locket attached to it. It was you and Brendon on each sides of the locket, yet much younger. You held it close to your heart and you spotted the note in the box. The paper was ripped to the side and was turning into the shade of yellow. You took it out, carefully unfolding it and you smiled at 16-year-old Brendon's messy hand writing.