R. Ross - This one's for you

i love ryan so much wtf wtf

also, this is an alternative ending for the first one– which is found in the first book.

- - -

Ryan smiled as he looked at her, the sun glazing his eyes. "Good morning, dear." He said as he looked around the place. Spring was coming, the leaves were already growing on the trees, the flowers were sprouting, and the sound of distant laughter filled his ears.

"I wrote you a song. Again." He laughed to himself as he sat beside her, pulling out a notebook from his bag. "I don't really have a title. . ." Ryan sighed and reads the words. His eyes trails from notebook to her, his smile widening.

"I'm going on tour next week, so I won't be able to visit you within, like, six months or less." He said, looking up the sky. He yawned, "But just know that you're always on my mind, okay? And no, I won't look at other girls," He laughed. "I promise."

The breeze brushed against his cheeks, making him hum in relief. "After Fever is done, the next album should have this flower-y vibe, yeah? 'Cause Brendon knows how much you love flowers." Ryan smiled, twirling his fingers.

Ryan looked at her, "It shall be called Pretty. Odd. because you're oddly pretty," He said, his eyes sparkling with passion. "I already have a couple of songs in the notebook." Ryan said as he opened the notebook.

"Everything's gonna be perfect," Ryan whispered. "I wrote this," Ryan said, tilting the notebook for her to see. "Northern Downpour for you."

Ryan closed his eyes, sighing. "I just wished. . . you'd recover faster." He softly said, placing a hand on top of hers. She stared at the distance, her eyes trailing from the flowers to the trees and yet, she was quiet as she could ever be.

"I love you, Y/n. I know you blame yourself for the accident but it wasn't your fault," Ryan said, putting the notebook back in his bag. She looked at him, her eyes were dull and lifeless, and frowned deeply before looking away again. Ryan stood up and pressed his lips against her cold forehead, "Your parents are in a better place now. Let them go." He whispered, caressing her cheek.

She closed her eyes, fighting back the tears from coming out. Ryan, who was still very gentle with her, placed another kiss on top of her head and hummed her the tune to his new song, "But melt your headaches call it home." She relaxed at his calm singing and she opened her eyes, seeing her boyfriend smile at her.

"Let's get you back in, yeah?" He said and helped her up the chair, slowly walking with her back to her house.

- - -

"Thank you and have a goodnight!" Brendon shouted through the microphone, sending the fans into a cheering frenzy. Ryan was the first to walk out, handing his guitar to a crew while he grabbed a water bottle from his manager. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Brendon widely smiling at him. "What?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

Brendon handed him his phone, "It's Y/n's caretaker," Brendon said and that made Ryan worry. He took the phone, walking to the backstage for silence. "Hello?" He said, pressing the phone towards his ear. Was Y/n alright? What if something bad happened to her? Was she

"Ryan," The way his name rolled out of her tongue after seven months of not hearing her beautiful voice hit him like a truck. His emotions were all over the place, he couldn't handle the bliss he felt within in him. "O-oh my god. Y/n? H-hi! How are you? A-are you okay? Does anything h-hurt?" He stuttered, still in shock.

He heard her chuckle, a small yet cute one, "Ryan, I'm perfectly fine. You need to calm down, okay?" "Calm down? Y/n, you're talking to me! After seven months! I c-can't calm down when I wanna fly back there and hold you so tight!" The excitement in his voice made Y/n's heart flutter with joy.

"Then we'll have to wait a few more months before you get to shower me with love again, huh?" "Darling, please. I was already showering you with love." He smirked as he heard her let out a giggle.

- - -
5 months later

The car pulled over to her front yard, making Ryan's heart pound with excitement. "Need help with your luggage, Ry?" Brendon asked and the older male nodded, patting Brendon's shoulder as a 'thank you'. The two of them stepped out of the car and to the trunk, where Brendon pulled up Ryan's suitcase.

"Are you nervous?" Brendon asked Ryan, handing him his suitcase. Ryan let out a breathy laugh and swallowed the lump in his throat, "Of course, I am." He replied and looked down at his shoes. Brendon's eyes widened as the front door opened, revealing Y/n.

"There she is." Brendon smiled, pointing at her. Ryan turned around and he dropped his suitcase, sprinting over to the love of his life. Y/n smiled as Ryan got closer, seeing the gleam within his eyes.

Ryan picked her up from the ground, twirling her around as she laughed, holding onto his shoulders. "I missed you!" Ryan exclaimed, burying his face against the crook of her neck. She hugged him back as he finally sets her down, "I missed you, too."

Ryan caressed her cheek, placing a tender kiss on the top of her head, "Hey, moon," That made her heart flutter and she blushed, smiling widely at Ryan. "Alright, alright." Brendon chuckled as he gave Ryan his suitcase, placing a hand on Y/n's shoulder.

"Hey, N/n," He smiled and Y/n waved at him. "Hey, Beebo." She said, making Brendon laugh. He waved goodbye at the couple and climbed inside the car. It drove away and Ryan led her inside the house.

- - -

Ryan wrapped his arms around her as she buried her head in his chest, taking in his intoxicating scent. Everything was falling in to the right place, it was silent and warm inside her bedroom. Ryan closed his eyes, using his other arm– which was under her neck –to play with her hair.

"Can you sing me the song?" Her voice was small but it sent waves of emotions throughout his body. Ryan hummed, "Northern downpour, love?" He asked, looking down at her. She looked up, their eyes locking with each other, "Yeah." She replied, smiling softly at her lover.

Ryan started to sing, his voice was calm and yet, somehow, it sent shiver down her body. He had this effect on her that no one else did. His touches were her weakness and she was greatly in love with him. Her eyes began to droop and soon enough, she was snoring besides him.

"You are at the top of my lungs, drawn to the ones who never yawn." Ryan softly sang, hugging her tightly. She was asleep in his arms and he couldn't ask for a better place to be in; home. He kissed her forehead, "I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too." Came out a small and drowsy reply from her. Ryan's heart exploded with bliss and love. She was truly something else.