G. Way - Go ahead and cry

dad!gerard and daughter!reader

mentions of abuse. read with caution.

this one's for Layla!

yo, i love Ronnie Radke so much and yet i made him look bad in this. he does not do any of the said things in this. i believe he is a good person and that he should deserve love, too.

- - -

"Going out so late, sweetie?" Gerard asked Layla as she fixed her boots. The younger girl smiled at her father, "Just gonna go get something from Matt's house. I'll be back," "Stay safe, Layla!" Gerard called out as she walked through the front door. Gerard stood up from his chair, humming to himself as he peeked through the curtains of the window, seeing his little girl walking away from the house.

He grabbed his phone, dialing Frank's number, "Hey dude, what's up?" "She's been showing up with bruises again." Gerard said, grabbing his coat that was hanging from the side of the couch. "Those bullies at it again?" Frank asked. Gerard put on his coat, pressing the phone again on his ear. "No, Dallon and Brendon are out of town since last month. Her bruises are. . . new."

Gerard walked out, locking the door behind him. "Do you think- do you think her boyfriend. . .?" That made Gerard freeze as he climbed inside his car. "I don't know, Frank. M-maybe?" Gerard stuttered, fear flowing throughout his veins. Gerard sat inside the car, leaning his head on the seat.

"Gerard, go." And with that, Gerard hung up and drove to Layla's boyfriend's house. When she introduced Ronnie, her boyfriend, to Gerard, her dad liked him instantly. He was pale with tattoos covering most of his body, his hair was long and black, yet his personality was welcoming.

As Gerard pulled up to Ronnie's frontyard, he carefully eyed the lights inside. Most of the lights on the second floor were off but the downstairs lights were on and some were flickering. 'Something doesn't feel right. . .' Gerard thoought as he gripped on the steering wheel, his knuckles turning to the scary color of white.

Suddenly, the front door opened, Gerard tearing his gaze away from the steering wheel. He looked at the door and his eyes widened at the sight– his daughter was struggling to get out of Ronnie grip, his hand was around her arm. Gerard saw how pained his little girl was.

"Let me go!" Layla shouted, trying to pull her arm away from her boyfriend's tight grip. Out of nowhere, a fist collided with Ronnie's jaw, making his grip loosen around her arm. He fell to the floor and he groaned, grabbing his jaw. Gerard stood on top of his, throwing punches left and right. "D-dad, stop!" Layla said, holding Gerard back.

Gerard pointed at Ronnie, "If you ever show your face to me again. I swear to God, you'll never see fucking daylight, Radke!" He shouted as Layla pulled him away from the unconscious guy, laying on the floor. "I'll put you to jail, you son of a bitch!" Gerard shouted as he shot Ronnie, who was still unconscious, his middle finger.

Layla sat inside the car as Gerard silently drove. There was a thick tension inside the car as Gerard breathed heavily, turning the car to the path of their house. "I'm sorry," Her voice was small and fragile. "I wanted to leave him earlier but then he didn't want me to. He threatened to kill you and I-" Gerard stopped the car, turning his head to his daughter.

"It's okay, honey. We'll seek legal help, okay?" He patted her head and she frowned. "You don't deserve this. You're my baby girl and I want you to have the world. He'll get his ass to prison," "H-he won't hurt me anymore?" She softly said.

"Never again." Gerard smiled and kissed her forehead. He drove again and a weight was lifted off Layla's chest.

"Can we get ice cream?"

"Of course."