Saying Goodbye

Adelaides POV

I walked into my last class of the day, with my favorite teacher in the world, Mrs. Evergreen. I was a bit late getting to class because I had to stop in administration to drop off some paperwork. I finally get to class and find a seat.
I notice that Mrs. Evergreen isn't being her normal goofy self, and actually looks quite depressed, her blonde hair up in a messy bun, oily as if she hasn't showered in days, no make up on, and wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. I'm becoming a bit concerned, but then she gets up from behind her desk and comes over in front of it, leaning against it as she addresses the class in a soft and broken voice.

"It is with much pain in my heart that I tell you all that today will be my last day as your professor"

I look around the class in disbelief as I see a single tear roll down Mrs. Evergreens cheek.

"Why are you leaving us? Did you get a better job? Is this a joke?" I ask as my shock turns to a bit of anger.

"I..I'm having a lot of.. personal issues right now that I have to deal with, I'm moving back to Colorado so I can be with my family during this trying time" she stops and looks down at the ground.

"This will be your last assignment from me, you will meet your new professor on Monday"
She stops as her voice cracks, regains her composure then proceeds
"So please turn your books to page 51 and answer the questions on this sheet I am handing out, you can use your notes and the book for anything you need. This is not a test, this is just a way for you to gain all the knowledge you'll need for the test next Friday." She hands out the papers, then proceeds to sit behind her desk, her face buried in her arms.

The bell rings just as I answer the last question, and grab my backpack placing my notebook, book, and pencils inside. Everyone walks out of class and I slowly make my way over to Mrs, Evergreens desk.

"Excuse me?" I say, causing her to look up at me.

"Why are you leaving?" I mumble as I look at her glossy eyes.

"Listen Adelaide, I'm only telling you this because you and I have become quite close" she stops to catch her breath
"I caught my husband cheating on me.." her voice cracks
"I have filed for divorce and I'm moving back to my hometown to be with my family" tears form in her eyes so I lean over and hug her softly

"I'm so sorry that happened to you.. he didn't deserve you anyways" I say, causing her to smile

"I have to pack up my stuff and then I'll be out of here, be good for the next professor, we both know how you can be" she says as we both let out a laugh

"I'll get out of your way then, I hope everything turns around for you, be well" I say as I pick up my bag and walk out of class. I reach the parking lot and get into my car, quickly throwing my bag onto the passengers seat and turning on my car. I drive home and am quickly greeted by my house hippos.

"Hi babies did you miss mommy? Are you guys hungry?" I say in a baby voice as I walk over to the bag of dog food, quickly filling their bowls as they start to eat.
"Such good girls" I pause, and look at Stitch, the only boy out of the 4, looking back at me like wtf did you call me? I giggle
"and you too little man, you're a good boy"

I shuffle through the pantry and decide on having a single pop tart, I know, soooo fancy.

I walk over to the couch and eat my lonely pop tart as the pups come cuddle besides me, I grab the remote and quickly turn to Hulu, and resume Brooklyn Nine Nine .

I watch a few episodes then realize it's already dark outside, I walk outside to quickly have a cigarette, then come back inside, giving the pups some lovins before getting up and going to take my meds, then brush my teeth and hair, quickly changing into an oversized t shirt then going to bed.

This is going to be a long school year with Mrs. well, Ms. Evergreen being gone. I sigh and then quickly drift off to sleep.

Sorry that this chapter was sooooo boring, I'm just trying to give y'all some back story leading up to Monday when the new professor *cough* Demi *cough* Lovato enters the story. Next chapter will be better!!! Let me know what you think, or any suggestions! Working on the next chapter now!