What Could Go Wrong?

Demi's POV

I wake up as the sun shines bright through my bedroom windows, I look down to see Addy wrapped around me, her head laying on my chest. I move her hair out of her face as I kiss her forehead softly.
God, this girl is beyond beautiful. Last night scared the living shit out of me. It's beyond me how someone could've possibly hurt her to this point. I'm not giving up on her though, something about her, something just feels right when she's next to me, like that missing puzzle piece that I've been living my entire life without, is finally here, and it fits so perfectly. Everything falls in line with her beside me.
I feel like I could conquer the world.
I know it's only been a couple days, but my body just knows. There's something special about her, something different, something so real and pure. The love I have for her seems like it's always been there, but has been dormant until now that she's finally in my life. I'm not going to give up on her, or fuck this up. She makes me feel like a better version of myself.
I smile as I look down at her, I move her off of me cautiously to not wake her, when I finally get her situated I notice that her sleeve has rolled up a bit, and something catches my eye.
I look down at the bit of her forearm that's exposed, seeing the deep deep gashes that run across her skin. I gasp but I quickly cover my mouth so I won't wake her. I can feel my eyes start to water.
Did she do this to herself?
Why would she hurt herself like this?
Oh... this is probably why she didn't want to undress last night isn't it?
So that means.. there's probably many many more scars
I wipe my face as tears start to roll down my cheeks at the thought of her poor body that is probably mutilated beyond belief.
I swear to god, if it's the last thing I do, I will help her, and I will help her find different coping mechanisms so she doesn't continue to hurt herself. I will.
I nod in agreement to myself as I walk out of the room and head downstairs.
I play some music on my speaker softly and start making some coffee as I take out some eggs, bacon, sausages, and pancake mix.
I smile to myself at the thought of me being the cheesy ass girl I had always poked fun of

As I'm setting up the plates on the table, already served with breakfast I hear footsteps coming down the steps, I smile as I look back and see a half asleep Addy standing behind me.
Her messy hair draped over her face, her face glowing as light that peeks in through the window hits her just right. God, she's perfect.

"Morning Demi" She says in a raspy morning voice that instantly melts my heart
"Good morning beautiful girl" I reply as I softly kiss her forehead causing her to blush
"I made some breakfast, I'm not the best cook, but I tried, and I hope you like it baby"
I see as her smile is quickly erased from her face, and she freezes, her expression going blank
"Baby, Listen, you've got to eat okay? Even if it's just a little bit. For me?" I pout as I stare at her with huge puppy eyes
She smiles and goes around the table to sit down
"Okay...I'm not that hungry though, so just a bit, if it'll make you happy" she says in an almost monotone voice
"It would make me the happiest girl alive" I reply as I smile and sit down, quickly starting to eat my breakfast, I occasionally look up at Addy who is struggling with her meal.
Does she maybe have an eating disorder?
It's not something you just ask someone, so I'll just watch her and let her body tell me.

She takes a few bites from the eggs, a bite from the pancake, and a piece of sausage, she's cut up all of her food and pushed it out strategically on the plate, smart girl, but not so much when I myself have struggled with an eating disorder, I know all the tricks.
She chugs the glass of water I had set out for her.
I get up to place my empty plate in the sink
"Are you done baby? You full?"
"Yeah I'm really full...it was really good Demi, thank you... my stomach hurts, I need to use the toilet, I'll be back" she flashes a fake smile at me as she walks past me to the bathroom, I let out a deep sigh, I know exactly what she's going to be doing in the bathroom.

10 minutes go by and Addy finally walks out of the bathroom, I smile at her as I call her over to cuddle with me on the couch

"What took you so long in there sweetie?"
She quickly looks down onto the ground, I can see the panic going through her veins
"I just really had to use the restroom" she quickly lies
"For 10 minutes though? And with music blaring from your phone? And the tap on as well?" I question
"So...am I not allowed to take a shit?" She quickly rebuttals and I let out a laugh
"Yes you're allowed to do anything baby" I laugh but it quickly fades as I see her hand, her knuckles a dark red, and I can literally see her teeth marks on them from her pushing her fingers down her throat. I let out a deep sigh as I take her hand in mine
"So care to explain why your knuckles look the way they do?" I whisper to her softly
She quickly pulls her hand away from mine and gets up from the couch

"Listen Demi, it's been fun, you've been really kind, really. But I should go. I've got a shit ton of baggage that I'm not willing to unload on you, please don't try to stop me, because it won't work. I'm sorry for wasting your time and for making you cry several times last night. I'm good at that. If you know what's best for you, then you'll stay away from me. You deserve someone amazing, someone who can give you absolutely everything you deserve and so much more. And sadly, as much as I want that person to be me. It's not. I don't even know how to love myself. So I know for a fact that I won't know how to love you. Please, stay away from me. Ignore me. Do whatever you have to do. Just... leave me alone okay..?" With that said Addy quickly grabbed her shoes and slipped them on, grabbed her keys and phone and quickly walked out of my house. My eyes were stinging with tears. I hear the engine to her car turn on, then quickly back out of my driveway and down the road, then, it was gone.
Gone.
I just let her leave. What the fuck is wrong with me.
The girl I can so easily see my future with.
I just stood back and let her walk out of my life.

I lay on the couch and curl into a ball, holding my knees against my chest as I silently sob to myself. I just fucked up. Majorly. Why did I have to press the issue so hard. I should have let her come to me. Now she's gone. And it's all my fault.

'Just take one drink, it'll help you feel better Demi. Just one'

No. I'm not listening to you. I'm not going to drown myself in alcohol. I won't do it.

I turn the tv on and put it on loudly as to drown out my thoughts, and start to work on the lesson plan for tomorrow's class. My mind keeps wondering off as to what Addy might be doing right now. Is she okay? Is she hurting herself? Is it my fault? Guilt takes over and I shake the feeling quickly as I emerge myself back into my work.

I'm sorry this story has been soooo boring thus far, I promise it will get better, I just need to set the tone for everything so you get everything later on in the story 😩😩