Trouble In Paradise

There will be a few time jumps in this chapter

Demi's POV

It's been a few months now, I'm working at the studio almost every day, I leave really early, and get home really late, it feels like I just get home to sleep, then leave again. This is my problem with music. I get completely emerged in it, and find it hard to focus on my personal life because I want this album to be perfect and my hard work to pay off. Music is like my substitute for drugs.

But I'm not too worried, Adelaide decided she didn't want to wait till fall classes, so she decided to sign up for spring classes, she's taken on this really difficult class, Animal Biology, it's 3 days a week. But she will have a lot of homework, and be busy, so I guess we're both just doing our thing right now.

Today is Adelaides first day of class, sadly I had to leave before she woke up so I didn't get to wish her a good day. It feels like we haven't talked in weeks.

I arrive to the studio, and I start working on writing some lyrics and recording some of the songs I've already completed.

After a few hours I get a message from Addy telling me she's off to class, and that she loves me and wishes I have a good day. I reply with "same" and then get back to work. Setting my phone on vibrate

Adelaides POV

I woke up and got ready, doing my makeup and getting dressed nicely, I've been really depressed since Demi has been away so much.. I've just been laying in bed and sleeping in really late most days.. I relapsed with self harm, but .. she hasn't even noticed.. and she doesn't even ask if I've eaten anymore... it's like I don't even know her anymore honestly..

I quickly text her and head to school, I get to the parking lot and grab a water at the vending machines before making my way to my class.

I reach the class and there's only like 6 other students taking the class this semester, I guess that's good, not too many people, and it's a really hard class so I get why. I have to retake the class that Demi was teaching, but I will take that one after I finish this course. I kind of just want to get this one out of the way since I've been told it's the hardest.

I make eye contact with the teacher, a slim, 20 something year old, blonde, wearing glasses, but her piercing blue eyes shinning brightly through the lenses, she's wearing a mid thigh black dress, and her hair is long and curled, kind of messy. She smiles at me and I pass by her desk, she hands me some papers, staring into my eyes for a second, I smile and take the papers, then head to find a seat.

She begins the lesson after introducing herself. Miss. Stacey.
I start taking notes, I can feel her looking in my direction every now and then. But, there's only 7 of us, so duh lol.

Finally class is over, I grab my backpack and start placing my notebook inside along with my pencil. I grab my phone and stand up.

Miss Stacey walks over to me as I'm walking down the aisle and stands in front of me.

"You're a good student, you were the only one taking notes. And all of this will be on the exam next week." We both giggle and I say thanks then start to walk past her

I reach the parking lot and get in my car and drive home. As always, my house is empty. Aside from the hippos, but their not the ones I'm craving attention and affection from right now...

~~~~

I grab something little to eat then take a shower, before sliding in bed.

I let out a deep sigh as I stare at the empty space next to me before I start to fall asleep.