Shutting Down

Please. Read with caution. This chapter contains things that could be triggering for someone who is in recovery!!

Adelaides POV

I walked through my front door a literal mess, feeling like complete shit for completely shutting Demi out, who cares anyways? Right? She didnt understand me, even though she tried. No one truly "cares" about me. I shouldn't feel bad about finally shutting someone out before they were able to do it to me. I have to protect myself. I know how this goes. It's like a broken player stuck on repeat, different people, same old music. I'm tired of this shit. I need to let it out. But honestly I don't feel like self harming. I would. But the feeling I'm looking for, is numbness, and bliss. It's been 27 months since I've been clean, but I can feel myself slowly starting to slip as the thoughts flood my brain. I finally shake it off and get in a hot bath after feeding the pups and letting them out.

I need to take care of myself and pamper myself right now. Just worry about me. No one else. That's my problem. I want to help everyone. But never have time to help me. It's really getting old.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when my phone goes off.

New message: Hey bumblebee

I stare at my screen, thoughts rushing to my brain.. knowing fully well that only 1 person has ever called me "bumblebee"

-Who is this?
I bite down on my fingernails waiting for a response

Unknown Number: Don't tell me you've forgotten all about me ? I sure haven't forgotten you

Panic soon sets in, as I bite down more in my fingernails, blood starting to drip down my hand from how far back I'm biting

-Gabriella..?

Unknown Number: There we go, I knew you wouldn't forget me. Meet me at the cafe downtown, MiMis, in 15 minutes. I just want to talk. I won't do anything, plus we will be in front of a lot of people. So no need to worry. I just want you to hear me out. Ok?

-You'll have 10 minutes to talk. That's all I'm giving you. Then I'm leaving.

Gabriella replies with a simple "see you soon"
I can feel my heartbeat pounding, but I try to compose myself, there's a lot of unanswered questions that I need to ask her. We will be in front of a lot of people, I will be fine. I just want to hear what her pathetic ass needs to say. I want to laugh in her face at the possible excuses she could possible try to come up with to make it seem like she wasn't doing something horrible. I've been mentally preparing myself to come face to face with her since I escaped. She needs to see that I'm not that broken little girl anymore. And that she doesn't affect me any longer. I need to prove to her than I've become stronger because of the shit she put me through.

I get out of the bath and dry off, quickly putting on a plum colored hoodie, and some grey yoga pants, I put my dark brown hair up in a messy bun, do my makeup quickly and grab my keys and phone, quickly getting into my car and driving off to MiMis cafe. 

I arrive and look around the place but don't see her so I sit down and wait, I'm feeling very confident in myself, I don't know where this confidence came from, but I like it. I know I can get her to finally leave me alone. That's why I'm here. To show her I'm stronger, and to get her to finally leave me the fuck alone.

5 minutes after I arrived I'm met with someone tapping on my shoulder, I turn to see Gabriella standing there in an all black dress with dark maroon heels. Hasn't changed a bit. I feel a sudden rush of fear but quickly shake it off, we're in public. She can't hurt you. She smiles at me and sits across from me.