Chapter 4: The Angel of Darkness Revealed

The group soon continues onto the great board. When they got there, they noticed both the glowing floor, and a sign; which Kris walked over to, and read. When he was done, he turned back to Ralsei. "What did it say, Kris?" The fluffy goat boy asked. '"When you step into the light, you'll return to where you were before."' Kris replied, signing as usual.

"So, what the hell do we do then?" Susie asked. 'We watch the pattern on the floor, and differentiate between the lanes.' Kris answered. The three of them crossed the puzzle easily, the girls flying behind them. Due to the darkness in the air, the older of the two sisters didn't have to worry about being seen as much. Chara, on the other hand... Due to her bright outfit, she contrasted the darkness heavily, as if a drop of blood on a white carpet.

When they got to the other side, they encountered some Ponmen. Which quickly attacked them. Kris and Ralsei immediately warned the enemies about Susie, who promptly misses the attacking afterwards. The Ponmen then "thank" Kris and Ralsei by attacking them. "Wow, ungrateful much...? Ralsei and Kris warned them, and this is how they're repaid..." Chara commented. Fortunately, the attacks missed.

Kris then told the first Ponman goodnight, sending them to sleep. Ralsei then promptly spared them, as Susie tried to attack the remaining Ponman, but misses. Afterwards, said enemy attempts to return the favor to Kris, but misses as well.

Ralsei then sings the enemy a soft lullaby, sending the Ponman to sleep. Vixen had a small smile on her face when she recognized the melody. Chara noticed, and looked at her questionably. "What are you smiling for?" She asked. Vixen looked back at her, still smiling. "You mean I haven't told you? Ralsei and I both liked singing that song..." She replied. Chara made an "Ohh" noise, and continued watching the battle.

When it was their turn again, Kris spared the remaining Ponman, thus ending the battle. Afterwards, the group traverses over yet another glowing floor puzzle. When they got to the end, they noticed Lancer there, who seemed to be waiting for them. His back was facing them, but he still knew they were there...

"Hahaha... So you've begun to cross the great board..." Lancer commented. Chara was taken aback by the sudden change in attitude. "W-What the hell...? Is... Is this the same Lancer?" She questioned herself, quietly. "The halfway point to our castle. Hmm... Impressive." Lancer states calmly, seeming really unnatural to Chara. Why was he so calm all of a sudden, she wondered. "So, it's a shame..." He paused, turning around to face the team.

"You won't make it a step further! 'Cause my GUYS are about to smash you into blood!" He finished. "What the fuck?! No, seriously, is this real?" Chara whisper-shouted. "Well, apparently, yeah. 'Cause I hear it too..." Vixen replied. "Oh, ya think?" Chara responded, sarcastically. "Lots of blood! Splooshing blood! Very gross and bad!" He added, laughing afterwards, before taking out a bucket. The bucket was blue, with a black spade on the front.

"...What..?" Chara whispered. "Hey, purple girl, was that scarier?" Lancer asked. "Why are you asking ME!?" Susie yelled, in sheer shock. Which she disguised with anger. "Because you're really cool at being terrifying! I wanna be as scary as you!" Lancer replied. Chara sighed in relief, putting a hand to her chest. "Oh, thank god... I thought I was going crazy..." She whispered.

Susie glanced away for a moment, before approaching Lancer. "What is she..." "Doing...?" The sisters questioned, one finishing the other's sentence. Susie looked away again, trying to hide any slight embarrassment she may have. "You... Want to be like ME?" She asked. "Yeah!!!" Lancer replied, enthusiastically.

Susie looked away YET again, before looking back at Lancer. "Well, that's stupid." She commented. It was silent for a moment before she spoke again.
"...But, umm, the new laugh isn't as awful. And saying you'd turn us into blood is, uh, cool." She commented.
"...What the hell is up with the bucket, though?" She asked, looking down at the bucket. "FINALLY, someone asked!" Chara whisper-yelled.