Chapter 21: Near-End Story

(The drawing will makes sense later. Also, I have to make up stuff for Rouxls, so... This is gonna be something... Also, violence warning. Oh, and uh... Some shipping fuel. Have at thee, i_said_no669!)

The group got to Rouxls' shop in a matter of minutes, given how close it was. Once they got in, they immediately saw Rouxls lying on the counter. "Hello, worms. What brings thou to mine shoppe?" He greeted, upon noticing them. "Hey Rouxls. Anyway, we just wanted to ask you a few things... And probably get a few items while we're here, given that we're facing the king soon." Vixen responded, casually.

"Oh, that's righteth... Thou need to passe by him in order to get hometh." Rouxls responded, sitting up. His tone of voice made everyone look at one another, confused. "Umm... Is something wrong?" Ralsei asked, concerned.

"Oh, 'tis not much. The king is just rather... Strong." Rouxls stated. "Mind if we ask you a feel things about him? We'd kinda like to know what we're up against." Chara asked. "Go righteth ahead. Asketh away." Rouxls replied, as Susie stepped forward. "Well, I think I know where to start... And it isn't directly about him... It's more about his son." She stated, causing confusion amongst the others.

"Oh? And whatest would that be?" Rouxls asked, curiously. "Well, this is something that's been botherin' me for some time... How well does the king treat Lancer?" Susie asked, looking straight at Rouxls. Rouxls thought for a minute.

"Hmm... Well, if I'm honest, he doth not treateth him... The best, though... Not quite the worste, either." He replied. Chara and Vixen glanced at each other, curiously. "Could you elaborate on that?" Chara asked, as they looked back at him. Rouxls sighed as he tried to think as to how he would explain this.

"...There wouldeth sometimes be days whereth his majesty, the king of spades, wouldeth not be the most... Nicest, to his son... I unfortunately doth not know to whicheth extent this  behavior goes to, but...thate mighteth be for the besteth. It wouldst be difficult to serve someone who treateths their own blood as if they dost not matter..." Rouxls explained.

This explanation caused everyone to be concerned for the young spade boy. Just how bad did the king act towards his son? Why was Rouxls working for someone like him? Vixen was about to ask the latter, but that's when the door to the shop opened, causing everyone to look.

"Hello lesser da-! Susie!" The familiar spade boy yelled as he ran up to Susie.  "Oh, hey Lancer! What's up?" Susie greeted, putting a hand on the child's head. "Nothing much! I just wanted to see lesser dad, but now I get to see you too!" Lancer replied.

"Um, did you talk to your dad yet, Lancer?" Ralsei asked, curiously. Lancer looked at the ground for a moment. "Well... Not yet, but that's only because he's really busy being evil and cool and stuff!" He replied, before looking to Vixen.

"Hey dark angel girl?" He said, catching her full attention. "Yeah?" Vixen acknowledged, curiously. "You're going home soon too, right?" Lancer asked. "Yeah, once we get past the king and get these two home, I will." Vixen replied, glancing at Kris and Susie. "Well, before you do, can you do me a favor...?" Lancer asked.

"Sure thing! What's up?" Vixen replied, sweetly. "Can you tell me one more story about you and smart boy, please?" Lancer requested, innocently. "Smart boy?" Chara repeated, questioningly. "I think he's referring to me..." Ralsei commented, looking at her. "...These nicknames. I swear to god." Chara remarked, shaking her head.

"Telleth me about it..." Rouxls mumbled, before looking back at Lancer. "Whatst this about a story?" He asked. "Dark angel girl has a bunch of stories about herself and him!" Lancer replied, pointing at Ralsei. "Hmm... So, I taketh it that thou two art closeth?" Rouxls asked, looking between Vixen and Ralsei.