Chapter 11: Concerning Melody

(Herp derp, more of Vixen and Ralsei's memories. Also, this might be a rather... Feels-trip like chapter... Sorry.)

The group all hung out where they had fought, taking a small break from their adventure. Vixen and Chara were sitting in front of each other, talking and fumbling with the grass in front of them. Kris and Ralsei were talking about what to do once they reach card castle. And as for Susie and Lancer, they were making fun of a few people.

"Heh, hey Lancer, check this out." Susie whispered, before looking over to Ralsei. "Hey Ralsei, what's that?" She asked, pointing to a nearby tree. This in turn caused everyone else to look where she was pointing. Vixen, Kris, and Chara thought it was strange, but Ralsei didn't seem to find it odd that Susie was pointing to a tree, asking what it was. Perhaps he was just excited that Susie wanted him to explain something?

"Ah! That's a tree! It's a..." Ralsei began explaining, before he cut himself off. "W... Wait, are you making fun of me?" He asked, realizing was going on. Susie and Lancer laughed hysterically. "Ahahaha! No. We're not." Susie answered. "We're just making fun of your constant explanations!" Lancer added, before he and Susie started laughing again.

"Kris... Chara... Vixen... D-Do you three think I give too many explanations?
I-I won't do it if you don't want me to..." Ralsei asked, looking away. Chara was the first to answer. "I don't have any problem with it. If anything, they kinda helped." She replied, shrugging slightly. 'She's right, Ralsei. We don't mind at all.' Kris signed, agreeing with Chara.

Ralsei then turned to Vixen, who hasn't said anything yet. "A-And Vixen? What do you, u-um, think? I-I don't give too many explanations, do I?" He stuttered. Vixen walked over, and placed a hand on his head. She was taller than him by at least a few inches, so it was pretty easy. "Ralsei, what did I say earlier?" She asked, with a slightly stern tone.

"Th-That... You wouldn't change who I am for the world...?" He answered. "That's right. And I wasn't lying, either. You're perfect just the way you are! Never forget that, OK?" Vixen stated kindly, as Ralsei looked up at her shyly. "O-Ok... Thank you..." He replied, nodding. "No problem." Vixen replied back, smiling.

"God, you two are sappier than a maple tree... Ya wanna cut the cheesy stuff?" Susie asked, rolling her eyes. "Sorry, Susie..." Ralsei apologized, as Vixen walked back to her spot next to Chara. Things were a bit silent for a moment.

Out of boredom, Vixen had started humming to herself. Chara was the only one who took notice. It wasn't long until Vixen's humming became really quiet singing, which was barely audible. Chara thought the tune of the song sounded familiar, but she couldn't remember why. Every now and then, she could make out a few words.

"So... World know... Died... Vain...
'Cause the... Around me... Blame..."

Chara then realized what the song was, and joined in. "And I know in a year, you'll forget I'm gone." She sang, a little louder. This caught everyone's attention. And Vixen, forgetting where she was, and who was around her, sang the next line normally.

"'Cause I'm not really something to be dwelled on."

This line made Ralsei jump up, fearing that whatever has been bothering her earlier was worse than they thought. He quickly approached her, which she didn't notice as she continued absentmindedly singing. Each line became more and more heartbreaking for Ralsei to hear.

"...To watch over you, and be my helpful eye. So this is it, world... Goodbye..." Vixen finished, noticing Chara looking at her oddly. "...What?" She questioned. "Sis... Did you forget where we were...?" Chara asked. "Huh? What do you...! Oh... OH!" Vixen trailed off, realizing where she was, and who was behind her.