SCARECROW

In Burkittsville, Indiana – One Year Ago. A married couple, HOLLY and VINCE PARKER are leaving a café, which is next to a gas station. With them is an older couple, HARLEY and STACY JORGESON, and their teenage niece, EMILY.

STACY: "And before you leave, one of our apple pies." (She hands HOLLY a box). "On the house."

HOLLY: "Oh, my God, thank you so much!"

STACY: "Youre welcome."

HOLLY: (to VINCE) "Hey, we should get lost more often. I mean, everyone in this town is so nice."

VINCE: "Yeah, whats the catch?"

HARLEY: (after filling the couples car with gas) "Youre all set."

VINCE: "Thanks." (They shake hands. EMILY notices an intricate tattoo on VINCEs arm.)

EMILY: "Thats a cool tattoo."

VINCE: "Thanks."

HARLEY: "So, lets get you back to the interstate."

VINCE: "Yeah, please."

HARLEY: "Take Laskey straight out of town."

STACY: "And then youre gonna turn right on Orchard Road."

VINCE: "Ok. Thank you." (They wave goodbye and the couple drives away.)

They stop at the town orchard. as the couples car breaks down.

HOLLY: "What happened?"

VINCE: "I dont know. Car just died." (He takes his cell phone out of his pocket.) "Cell phone, too."

HOLLY: "How is that possible?" (They get out of the car and look around the orchard.)

VINCE: "Come on, looks like a house over there." (He starts walking away.)

HOLLY: "No, Im not going down there."

VINCE: Holly, we need help, we cant just wait here.

HOLLY: (very reluctantly) "Ok." (She follows VINCE.)

at a another part of the orchard. HOLLY and VINCE stop by a scarecrow raised on a wooden post. They exchange a look and walk closer to it.

VINCE: "Check it out. If I only had a brain"

HOLLY: "We wouldnt be lost."

VINCE: "Thanks. That has got to be the freakiest damn scarecrow Ive ever seen."

HOLLY: "It scares me." (They start walking away, but HOLLY sees the scarecrows head move. She gasps.) " Please, lets just hurry, okay?" (They start walking away. A few seconds later, they hear a rustling in the trees and turn around. No one is there.)

VINCE: "Did you hear that?" (HOLLY nods.) Hello? Whos there?" (Nobody responds. They start running through the orchard. A minute later, HOLLY turns to VINCE, and he is gone. She stops.)

HOLLY: "Vince? Vince?"

She starts running in the opposite direction to try and find VINCE. She trips and falls on the ground. She turns her head and sees VINCEs mutilated body on the ground. She screams and sees the scarecrow towering over her. She continues to scream while the camera pans to the scarecrows now empty post.

In the motel. SAM, DEAN, and Lydia were sleeping. when Deans phone rings but he doesn't wake up.

SAM: "Dean."