DEADMANS BLOOD

in a Bar at Manning Colorado, a Man was turning the pages of a hunter's journal.

(Barmaid spoke to him gently)

Barmaid: "Mr. Elkins?"

(Mr.. Elkins was totally focused on the journal.)

Barmaid: "Mr. Elkins, would you like another?"

(Elkins Looked up)

Mr. Elkins: "Yeah. Thanks Beth."

(A Man at the Bar spoke to Beth)

Man: "Thought they caught the Unabomber."

Beth: "Yeah, poor Mr Elkins lives all alone, up the canyon. Sits here every day, going through his papers, making his little notes. He's a nice old man; he's just a nut."

(Beth Poured another shot for Elkins)

Elkins: "Here you go."

(Elkins looked up. One woman and three men entered the bar. They surveyed the room before moving to the bar. Elkins watched them.)

Beth: "What'll you have?"

Woman: "Jack all around, leave the bottle."

Beth: "You hungry?"

Woman: "We have dinner plans."

Beth: "Ok."

(Beth turned to grab a bottle of jack)

Beth: "Can I get you something else Mr Elkins?"

(She turned to find his place empty.)

(In a Country Cabin Elkins parked and hurried to the door, he looked behind him as he struggled with the key. Once inside he dumped his papers on the desk, then he froze. He slowly turned to see the woman from the bar.)

Woman: "It's been a while. I gotta say, you look old."

Elkins: "What do you want?"

Woman: "What do you think?"

He threw a knife which hit the dead center of her chest. She looked down then she Pulled the knife out)

Woman: "Damn. You can do better than that."

(Her eyes flashed and she smiled. Elkins hurried into the other room, locking the door and pushing a heavy bookcase across it. He opened a cupboard and revealed a safe he began the combination.)

Elkins: "Ah, come on ,come on."

(The woman and her companions banged on the door. He removed a metal box from the safe and opened it to reveal an old-fashioned gun. He began to load it. The banging continued. Two men dropped through the roof and leapt over the desk and grabbed Elkin. The gun fell to the floor. The bookcase barricading the door fell and the woman walked though. The Woman picked the gun up from the floor and examined it.)

Woman: "Nice gun. Wouldn't do you much good of course. Boys, we're eating in tonight."

(The men fell on Elkins. He screamed.)

(Somewhere at a Café Dean was flipping through a newspaper, Sam was on his laptop and Lydia was playing darts. Dean folded the paper)

Dean: "Well dude. Not a decent lead in all of Nebraska. What've you got?"

Sam: "Well, I've been scanning Wyoming, Colorado, South Dakota. Here. A woman in Iowa fell 10,000 feet from an airplane and survived."

Dean: "Sounds more like 'That's Incredible' than, uh, 'Twilight Zone."