House Of the Holy

*****Flash Back****

In Providence, Rhode Island A young woman by the Name of GLORIA was sitting in her Living room which at the time was dark, she was busy watching The Drew Carey Show and smoking a cigarette. She wore smudged hooker makeup and she looked very disheveled on the table to her left held several small angel statues and an ashtray filled with cigarette butts.

DIALOGUE ON TV:

Woman: "How little?"

Drew Carey: "How about a little eyeshadow?"

(LAUGHTRACK)

Drew: "You know, all this stuff, it's just very unprofessional."

MIMI: "Don't touch the troll!"

Drew: "Is that what your mom used to say to your dates?"

(LAUGHTRACK)

MIMI: "Put the trolls down or I'll put a staple right between your-"

GLORIA sighed heavily and lifted the remote control and flipped to a televangelist station.

Televangelist: "Now I know it's hard. It's hard to look up when you're down. It's hard to look up and see the light. But I'm here to tell you folks, the Lord is with you."

Gloria turned off the television; that's when the lamp to her right began sputtering and flickering. She looked around, frowning, she then stamped out her cigarette only to have the television suddenly turn back on again, that made Gloria gasp in shock.

Televangelist: "You don't have to suffer, you don't have to be lost. The lord is talking to you right now; he's saying, you are my child and you have a purpose! You think God forgot about you? I tell you no! All you got to do is listen! Can't you just hear those angels singing? Isn't it beautiful? It's time. It's time to receive the message he's sending. It's time to listen to the Word of God! Do you hear the glory? I said, can you hear it? I said, can you just hear the glory?"

The lamp was still flickering and the entire room began to shake like she was experiencing an earthquake it was so violent that it made Gloria clutch at the couch, she looked around in panic. and Behind her, a blinding light started to glow, she turned to face it in horror, then her reaction turned to Awe.

Gloria: "Oh my god." (she said in a rapturous tone)

Present Day Sam was pretending to be a nurse in a Psych Ward and he was visiting Gloria to get her story. Gloria was currently sitting quietly on her bed, her Physical change was astonishing compared to when then Angel had visited her, Her hair was straight and her face was clean; she was currently wearing a bathrobe and reading the Bible which she held in her left hand. The door opened behind her and when she turned that's when she Meet's Sam who was wearing white scrubs holding a clipboard. in the meantime Lydia had come in dressed in a girl scout uniform with a bag full of Paints and brushes and Paper that she had bought from the local Dollar store and was donating them in an effort to snoop around and ask some questions all this of course was so she could earn her good Samaritan merit badge. the lead orderly was now taking her on a tour around the facility they would also be visiting the art room so she could do her Hour volunteer work with the other patients.

Gloria: "Good morning. You're not the usual guy."

Sam: "No, uh, just filling in. So how you feeling today, Gloria?"

Gloria: "I've never felt better."

Sam: "So, no disturbances lately?"

Gloria: "You mean am I stark raving cuckoo for cocoa puffs?"