Night Shifter

****Flash Forward*****

Reporter: "I'm Jane Thomas for channel 8 and we have BREAKING NEWS! We're here downtown in front of the City Bank of Milwaukee, and though a short exchange of weapons fire occurred just minutes ago, police and SWAT teams maintain position as we enter the third hour of this intense standoff. Authorities estimate as many as ten hostages are being held inside the bank; no word as yet on the identity of the suspects, or, uh, (suddenly there was a commotion behind her) Something's happening. I think they're opening the door. Roger, are you getting this?"

The Police and other authorities that were nearby started shouting over each other as the camera refocuses to the front door of the bank.

MAN'S VOICE: "No, don't shoot, don't shoot!"

DEAN'S VOICE: "No, no, no, don't even think about it! Get the hell back!"

The News camera closed in on two men that were exiting the bank: it was a terrified security guard, and DEAN, pushing the other man in front of him and holding a rifle.

*****Present Time*****

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Dean and Sam were at a Jewelry Store talking to the Employee's Dressed as FBI Agents because another employee robbed the Store of most of the jewelry, while Lydia was researching at the Library all of the other incidences that had been happening in the 10 block area; Dean was talking to An attractive young woman named (FRANNIE) she walked out of the back room with some papers in her hand. Dean turned to face her as she spoke.

Franny: "So what's it like, being an FBI guy?"

Dean: "Well, it's dangerous. And the secrets we've gotta keep, oh. God, the secrets. But mostly it's, it's Lonely, it would be a lot worse if I didn't have my little girl to come home to."

Franny: "Oh (she cooed) you have a Little girl that is so sweet."

Dean: "yeah she's my whole world, I'm just doing what I can so I can make the world a better place."

Franny: "I, so know what you mean."

Dean, nodded sagely

Dean: "Yeah."

Elsewhere in the store: Sam was interrogating the manager, whom was a middle aged man.

Manager: "Helena was our head buyer. She . . . she was family, you know? She said it herself, every year at the Christmas party. She said we were the only family she had."

Sam: "So there were never any signs that she'd do something like this?"

Manager: "No. Still can't believe it, even now. That night, Helena came back to the store after closing. Cleaned out all the display cases, and the safe. Edgar — our night watchman — he caught her in the act. He didn't know what to do, he'd known her for years. He called me at home."

Sam: "And that's when she took his gun?"

Manager: "She shot him in the face. I heard him die. Over the phone."

Sam: "Any idea what her motive could have been?"

Manager: "What motive? It makes no sense. Why steal all those diamonds, all that jewelry, and then what? Just dump it somewhere, just hide it, and then go home."

Back to Dean AND Franny who were still flirtingly asking questions.

Dean: "So she killed herself?"