TWENTY-TWO

A/N:  New Years Resolution: Update at least once a fortnight :))

I woke up the next morning, my head pounding. I heard Rosie's soft snores somewhere on the floor beside me and cursed myself for getting so drunk last night.

I shouldn't have left Rosie to deal with both Caylee, myself and the house by herself. Yes, it may have been my birthday but that was an incredibly crappy friend move on my behalf.

That was when the memories came rushing back. I had let my guard down around Sebastian. Well, not really. I remember being a total bitch towards him, something that he obviously deserved. I remember him coming to my rescue, unfortunately, and carrying me up to my room. I cringed as I remembered hurling my guts up in front of him. It wasn't my finest moment.

I sighed remembering the last thing he had said to me. "I'm going to show you that I'm more afraid of loosing you than be with you." 

The words sent shivers down my spine. What did that mean? If it meant what I thought then I had great reason to be nervous. If it did, it meant that he would stop at nothing to get me back and I was afraid that sooner or later I would cave.

I promised myself not to be weak, not to succumb to his charms and that was what I was going to do. I had no idea if he was still here and I hoped that he wasn't. That's when the thought crossed my mind and my shoulders shrugged. I'd have to clean the mess that was my house.

In no way would I ever ask Rosie to help me, not after she so graciously took care of things last night when I passed out in my bed.

I sighed, throwing the sheets off my body as quietly as I could. I wasn't sure what time the party had finished last night, or if it was still even going on, but I took the silence as a good sign.

I sleepily wandered down the hall and the event down the stairs. I rubbed my heavy eyes, for relief but also to shield the mess that would be scattered around my house, but I stopped short at the bottom of the stairs.

I expected numerous bodies passed out in my house, a shit ton of empty cans and bottles, have finished blunts and maybe even some bodily fluids. But none of that was in my sight. The house was clean, no, spotless. There wasn't a single person in sight, the floor was spotless and the only dirt thing i could spot was a large piece of paper sitting in the corner of the couch.

I slowly and nervously walked over to it, gently picked up the paper and unfolded it.

This is just the beginning -S

I wasn't going to complain about having to clean my house but a number of questions ran through my head. When did he clean up last night? What time did the party end? Did he get everyone to leave? Did he think cleaning my house and polishing my floors was going to win me back?

Footsteps echoed down the stairs and I turned to see a sleepy Rosie.

"Morning, " I hummed, still staring at the paper.

"Morning, " she grumbled back, yawning.

She didn't look surprised like I expected her to be. "Do you remember what happened last night?"

"Yeah, " she grumbled. " After your drunk ass passed out I spent most of the night trying to get Caylee to settled down. She ended up yelling at me and left early with some boy. I tried to get her to stay but she flipped me off and left. " Rosie sighed. I felt even worse. I had been a terrible best friend, even if I had my own problems to deal with.

"I'm sorry, " I apologised. I walked over to her a wrapped my arms around her. "Thank you, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Me either, " she giggled and I knew all was forgiven.

"It was better only have to deal with drunk and angry Caylee than drunk Maisie and drunk and angry Caylee."

I giggled. "I still shouldn't have drank so much."

"Nah, " she shrugged. "I get it, the last thing we were expecting was for Sebastian to show up. I hate to admit it, but good thing he did. He was actually really helpful."

I frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"He helped me kick everyone out at about 2am. I even watched as he cleaned up the house. That boy sure wants you badly, " she admitted.

I wasn't sure what he was completely up to but cleaning my house wasn't going to win me over. Not after the heart break he put me through. Soap wasn't going to do it.

It was at that moment that we heard keys jingle in the door. I actually was a little thankful that Sebastian had cleaned the house otherwise I would've been toast, but I would never admit it out loud.

The door opened and Rosie and I came face to face with my mother and a tail wagging Fluff.

"You two looked like crap, " she said standing in the door way. She moved towards the kitchen and placed the keys on the bench.

Fluff walked towards me and sniffed the paper that was still in my hands. Her tail wagged excitedly. Traitor.

I scrunched the paper in my hand, walked over to the bin and exposed of it. If I pretended that I didn't see the notes then maybe I could pretend that Sebastian wasn't trying to win me back.

"Go upstairs and have a shower you two, " my mother interrupted my thoughts. "You stink like alcohol and it's making me sneeze. I'll cook up some breakfast. "

Rosie and I nodded in appreciation and began to make our way upstairs.

"Did you happen to find out what's up with Caylee?" I whispered to Rosie as we ascended the stair case.

"I have an idea but you're not going to like it."

I stopped at the top of the stairs before quickly grabbing her arm and shuffling us into my room.

"Spill," I urged her.

Rosie's sighed. "I think it might have something to do with Sebastian. I think she might like him."

I stared at her, confused. "What are you talking about? She had only met Sebastian once right? At that party?" I questioned.

"I'm not sure," she answered. "She didn't say much during the time we questioned him but she did stare at him a lot."

"But that doesn't make sense," I mumbled. "She only started being feisty after we had broken things off?"

"Maybe something happened. Something that she isn't telling us. "

I looked away. I couldn't fathom my best friend going after my ex like that. She had only just given me a promise ring that literally said "sisters before misters." The whole concept didn't make sense to me, but after thinking about the way she had been treating us lately played through my head. The looks she gave us, the way she spat her words at us. It wasn't normal.

"Do you think we should ask her about it?" I said in a small voice.

If it was true, it meant that one of my best friends, wasn't going to be my best friend any longer.

And that hurt.

"No, I don't," Rosie answered. "She'd either lie to us or lash out. I hate to say it, but I think we need to go straight to the source."

I sighed deeply.

Now to confront my ex boyfriend about my could be ex best friend.