Chapter 5

Ayla POV

The first thing I noticed as I came to was the lack of headache. The next was breathing, someone was close by and holding my hand.

'Where am I?', I struggle to open my eyes and start to panic. I hear a calming male voice say, "Relax little tot, you are safe here, sleep", as he says that I felt a hand touch my forehead and I was gone once again.

_________

Time Skip

_________

I start to slowly wake up. I notice I am on some sort of bed, I open my eyes and look around, my eyes not yet in focus until I see a dark figure approach slowly, I can see him clearly now, it's 'him'.

He starts to speak, "How are you, little one?", his voice so soft.

I'm a bit suspicious, and it clearly shows on my face. His kind face turns to one of concern. 'Weird,Why does he look so concerned, he doesn't know me, how did I get here? Where am I and why am I here?', I think to myself, not voicing my thoughts, I have to assess this situation clearly.

"I am concerned and worried about you. You passed out in the alley, and I brought you here, anyway, I'm the doctor", he answered as if he could read my thoughts.

"What's your name little one?"

"Ayla", I answer him, wondering why I just gave him my name, 'He is supposed to be a stranger to me'.

"Well Ayla, how is it that a Time Tot like you ended up on Earth, where have you been all these years?", he asks me perplexed.

My jaw dropped, me looking like a fish, can't even find a word to answer him, my mind going a hundred miles per second, 'a what?  time tot? he must have a few screws loose'. He is looking at me right now confused and answers my question like he read my mind, "Yes, a Time Tot, a child of Gallifrey. I am not mistaken".

"I don't know what you are talking about, I'm as human as they come", I reply truthfully.

"Then how do you have two hearts? I can recognize a child of Gallifrey anywhere", he says, still looking concerned. he has that look of 'how does she not know this?'

"I don't have two hearts, I would know if I did". I say, slightly confused. 'Seriously, I would know if I was from a world with red grass'.

"How do you then know that Gallifrey has red grass?", he asks, shocked.

I gasp, "How do you.... are you reading my mind?", I ask shocked and offended.

"When I saw you in the alley, your mind was reaching out to mine, it connected telepathically. That only happens when a Time tot is no longer connected to their parents and they search out another mind subconsciously. You unknowingly bonded with mine. I believe the reason you passed out was because your mind felt overwhelmed by the telepathic bond and shut down temporarily. And yes, you are not human Ayla, no human has two hearts, and no human can bond telepathically with me in this sense, I can hear what you are thinking and feeling, and no human can understand Gallifreyan, because the first half of what I've been saying now has been said in Gallifreyan, you understand me perfectly".

"I don't believe you, I can't be bonded to you, I am not from Gallifrey, I definitely don't have two hearts and you have been speaking English this whole time", I say raising my voice, panicked.

'This is insane', I think, making my choice, 'I've assessed my situation and I'm leaving', I get up from the bed all wobbly, "This is crazy doctor, but great meeting you, thanks for bringing me here and everything but I think I should go", I say as I spot my backpack on the floor next to the bed, I go to grab it, but he stops me.

"Please just wait, let me prove it to you, please, just please. I just found you. My TARDIS, she is my ship, can scan you, it will say whether you are human or not. Isn't it better to look at all the evidence?", He speaks panicked, I've never seen this look on him, he seems desperate. He continues, "Besides, even if either one of us is proven wrong, you can travel with Rose and I, We travel through time and space, my ship is big enough, you'll be safe. And you aren't ready to be on your feet yet, you have been through a lot in a short period of time, it won't be long until you pass out from exhaustion"

I sigh, he sounds so convincing, 'manipulative bastard',  "Okay, I'll stay for a little bit, what you are saying is crazy. Your ship can scan me, its going to be wrong". He is right, it is difficult for me to stand up right.

He releases a sigh of relief, "Please, lay down for a while, it will help you recover quicker. I can't take you to my ship yet because of the telepathic bond. The TARDIS bonding to you will put a strain your mind if I took you there now, so we would have to wait another day or so".

"Okay, fine", I reply, not knowing how to really respond to that. The doctor does seem truthful, 'Why would he lie? What reason would he have? This is messed up, I actually feel like I can trust him, I don't know how to explain this feeling, I can feel it in my soul', I shake my head, these thoughts. I feel like crying, my emotions are all over the place. I lay down on this pink thing called a bed, the doctor continues to speak to me,

"Ayla, where do you live?", he asks softly, I feel panic rising, 'How do I respond to that?'

"None of your business", I say to him quickly.

"There is no need for that Ayla, I am just trying to help you, you are still very young and you should probably have a guardian, am I right?"

"I...I...I don't stay with anyone right now. Please I don't want to talk about this right now", I say tearfully. 'I don't want to face this. No matter how  mature I think I am, I can't deal with this'.

"Very well. I will leave you to rest for now. We will talk about it later". He says and I nod.