Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"Oh well there goes the advantage of surprise. Still, cuts to the chase. Stay in here, look after Jackie and Ayla"

'Don't come out of here Ayla. Stay inside the TARDIS no matter what' I hear the Doctor speak to me telepathically.

"I'm not looking after my mum" Rose argues.

"Well, you brought her" The Doctor argues.

"I was kidnapped!" Jackie looks offended.

"Doctor, they've got guns" Rose tells him logically.

And illogically he responds with ," And I haven't. Which makes me the better person, don't you think? They can shoot me dead, but the moral high ground is mine"

I sit on my seat, thinking of what can be changed, I know Bad Wolf warned me not to change things, but maybe she was just talking about Rose, maybe I can save Yvonne, even though she is a bit egotistic.

"But here she is, Rose Tyler" I hear the Doctor say, opening t dor and grabbing Aunt Jackie. "oh, she is not going to be happy about that doctor'.

"Hmm. She's not the best I've ever had. Bit too blonde. Not too steady on her pins. A lot of that" I hear him say. Rose looks slightly horrified.

"And just last week, she stared into the heart of the Time Vortex and aged fifty seven years. But she'll do"

"I'm forty"

"Deluded. Bless. I'll have to trade her in. Do you need anyone? She's very good at tea. Well, I say very good, I mean not bad. Well, I say not bad. Anyway, lead on. Allons-y. But not too fast. Her ankle's going"

"I'll show you where my ankle's going" Jackie threatens, I snicker at that.

I made something for Aunt Jackie and Rose. It's a backpack filled with some pictures, a letter for Rose and one for Jackie explaining what is happening, Rose's potential. I know the Doctor will be upset if he found out but what can he do about it. All I need to do is time it right for when the Doctor gets taken to Pete's world. I will ask Mickey for his Universe jumper, I'll leave it at the wall where the portal will open up on our side. I even took the Bazoolium ornament from the flat that Rose gave to her mum and put it in the bag. I can't save her, but I can give her some hope.

The TARDIS is lifted up and transported.

"Come on Ayla, I have the psychic paper, let's go do some investigating" Rose tells me.

"Um... Rose, I think I should stay in here. I don't think the Doctor would want me to leave".

"Nonsense! Come on, I don't think the Doctor would want you to be alone here, especially with the ghosts hanging around, I'll look after ya".

"No Rose, I'm sorry but I have to wait. Please, I'll be fine here for now. I'll wait until the Doctor tells me I can leave" I tell her, 'it's the truth, he wouldn't want me to leave the safety of the TARDIS. But I will have to follow after Rose once she has left. I need to find Mickey or just one of his team mates from Pete's Torchwood. The Doctor is going to be so mad if he finds out'.

Jackie POV

Yvonne took the Doctor and I into this room with this large sphere just hanging there at the back of the room. It's got this slight golden glow to it. It makes me feel on edge. 'I don't like it'.

"Now, what do you make of that?" Yvonne asks the Doctor.

"You must be the Doctor. Rajesh Singh. It's an honour, sir" Rajesh says.