Chapter 9

Previously

I felt a stir in my mind, Ayla is waking up. I waited a few minutes before I knocked on the door. "Come in". 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doctor POV

"Good morning Ayla, how are you feeling today?" I ask.

She looks at me shyly with a timid smile and say, "I feel much better doctor, you were right, sleep did me some good, I needed it. I don't feel so tired anymore".

I smile, satisfied with her answer. I smirked in my mind, 'at least she knows that I was right- 'the stubborn child', hopefully she will listen to me more often in the future'.

"Good, very good. Can you get ready, so that you can eat and we can go do that DNA test".

"Okay doctor", she says nervously and I send her some calming waves over her mind and she visibly relaxes once more. I turn to leave but she called out, "doctor!"

"Yes Ayla",

She looks awkward but says," I want to say thank you for last night, for helping me with my nightmare, you were right, speaking did help a bit, it feels like there is a weight lifted from my chest".

"Its a pleasure little one,that's what I'm here for. I'm glad it helped, remember you can always speak to me about anything, anytime". I tell her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time SkipThe Tardis

Ayla POV

We stood in front of the Tardis. 'I can't believe it. I'm actually going inside now, a time machine-shipey thingy'.

I hear a snort and look at the doctor, he looks like he is about to burst out laughing and I give him a cheeky grin.

Rose asks, "what's so funny?"

I replied with a "nothing", as the doctor replied with a "she called the TARDIS a time machine-shipey thingy".

Rose just gives a short laugh and the doctor opens the doors and I step inside. 'Amazing, wow'. I feel a low buzz in my mind, the TARDIS, 'it feels so... so homey, like the doctor'.

"So what do you think?" Asks the doctor excitedly.

"She is beautiful", I reply in awe. 'It's so big on the inside, I  knew it was big but not this big'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doctor POV

"So what do you think?" I ask her, curious to hear her answer.

Ayla looks at me in wonder and say "she is beautiful".

'What!' I think shocked.'It's so big on the inside, I knew it was big but not this big'. I hear her think.  'How would she know that it was bigger on the inside?' ,so I ask, "No 'its bigger on the inside'?"