Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Ayla POV

"I could stop the war". Is all I hear. All I can focus on is the code. I can see the power. I can feel the changes. I can make everything better. I see how it's all built, this is amazing. I can see the net of time. It's so overwhelming. Amazing. Scary. I can change everything. It's incredible. It's beautiful. I never want to stop looking at it. The colours attracts me like a moth to a flame, a kaleidoscope of colours that others can't see.'

'No. The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship, everything has its time. And everything ends', I hear Sarah in the background.

"No. Miss Smith, can't you see, we are doing it for the better. The universe will change. It won't be too long now. She is close to solving the paradigm". Mister Finch points to me, although I don't notice it.

The doctor's presence is close by, I can feel him in the back of my mind, I can see him trying to break through a barrier but he can't, I notice he is screaming my name.

Doctor POV

Ayla is not responding. Her mind is in too deep, I need to stop it. She is just staring at the screen, the green flashing in her eyes, making them look like they're glowing.

I throw a chair at the big screen, smashing it to pieces. Ayla's eyes roll to the back of her head, she is passed out.

I pick her up and yell, " Out!"

Doctor POV

Finch walks in followed by the bats.

"Are they my teachers? ", Kenny asks.

"Yeah. Sorry". I reply insincerely.

I can hear Finch, "We need the Doctor and the girl alive. As for the others? You can feast". The Krillitanes a laser beam fells one of the bats.

"K9! ", Sarah yells. "Suggest you engage running mode, mistress", k9 replies.

"Come on!", I yell, running with Ayla in my arms. 'I need to get her to safety'. "K9, hold them back! ", I command him "Affirmative, master. Maximum defence mode. "

Mickey went to get the children out if the school, while we ran to the kitchen. I hand Ayla over who is still unconscious , to Rose and Sarah, "Get her out of here", I command them.

They ran out and I soon follow.

We see Mickey and the kids running outside. Then all of a sudden, the kitchen explodes.

Time skip—-

I put Ayla in the infirmary. Still no sign of waking up. Her mind keeps pushing me out. I just have to wait.

I ended up explaining to Sarah Jane about Ayla and the time war. And Mickey joins us aboard.

I put the TARDIS in the time stream, just floating around. Not risking anything now until Ayla wakes up.

Mickey and Rose have been exploring the ship.

It's been eight days since she collapsed. I have kept her in the med bay. Her mind's walls are starting to collapse. No skasis paradigm to stimulate it.

I reckon another day before she wakes up. 'I just hope her mind will be fine'.

I haven't slept in about two weeks, maybe its three. I think it's been three weeks. I took more or less an hour long nap maybe twice in this time.