Chapter 29

Previously:

"I know, but being chased by a chicken isn't that great"

Chapter 29

Doctor POV

Ayla has been grumbling about the chickens for the past few days. It really was funny. The TARDIS spoke to me about what Ayla was feeling, to be honest I barely noticed, I was so busy focusing on a way to protect her, a way to keep her safe that Ayla noticed the way I acted was not normal.

The TARDIS does not fully agree with the stasis chamber idea. If Ayla were to be sent in there, she would barely notice the time that will have passed. I could get away with it. Years could pass and she won't notice. I don't want to keep her in there for years, not at all. It will only be until the danger has passed.

Ayla is sleeping at the moment, I can feel her emotions becoming erratic.

I go to her room, open the door and call her name, "Ayla, wake up"

She does not wake up. I shake her slightly, "Vanliamor, come on, wake up" I say to her, using her full name.

She sits up suddenly, taking a deep breath in and out slowly.

"It's alright Vanlia" I tell her as she clings to my arm.

"What did you dream about?" I ask, hoping that I won't have to use compulsion on her again. I haven't had to use it in weeks.

"I dreamt that...that you were swallowed up by a black hole. I couldn't find you. You were gone and then I was swallowed by the black hole as well. And then time collapsed and everyone died. I was so scared".

"Don't worry Ayla, that won't happen, okay. It was just a bad dream" I tell her, trying to soothe her worries.

"It felt so real". She says, I can hear her think, 'I really hope that I don't mess up the timeline that we fall into that black hole"

"What do you mean by that?" I ask her. 'She is still hiding things from me, this child frustrates me to no end'. She looks like a dear caught in headlights.

"You heard that?" she asks feeling scared. 'She shouldn't feel scared to tell me these things'.

"I did. What did you mean by that comment?" I ask calmly, trying to alleviate her fears through the bond as well.

She sighs, "You know Doctor, there are things that I can't always tell you. I know things, you know I know things. Things that you shouldn't know yet until it happens. It's complicated, but I have seen some things that if I change the timeline, time could collapse. I can't risk it. I'll tell you what I can if I feel it safe to do so, but if I tell you, and you change it, I don't know what will happen then".

I stare at her. 'She has seen a time line. She really has an extraordinary gift. I understand what she is saying but what if she makes the wrong choices. She is not yet a fully trained Time Lady. I have to tread carefully here'.

"I understand Vanlia, I really do. You have seen things that is part of the time line. For now, can you tell me what you think I should know?"

"Um... I am not entirely sure where to begin. I haven't exactly done this before".

"What can you tell me about the black hole?" I ask her. 'I actually want to squeeze all the information from her. I want to browse her mind to find out what she knows, but she could be right, if I see the time line and change it, it could have dire consequences'

"Well, at one point in time I know that you will come close to a black hole. Um... the TARDIS will be lost for a small time period, but you will find it again. A lot of things will happen, but it will work out in the end, it normally does. But time can change. I really hope everything stays the same".