Chapter 18

Time Skip

Ayla POV

It's been a week since The wolf incident. The doctor does not allow me out of his sight except when I am in my room. We haven't gone anywhere. Except yesterday when the doctor took Rose out to a market place to buy her mom something. I wasn't allowed out of the TARDIS. The TARDIS doors were even locked.

The doctor has been teaching me about Time Lord stuff. And teaching me how to write in Gallifreyan.

Besides speaking the language, I can barely make out the writing. He has been successful with me opening up to him, I don't know how I feel about it, but it somehow keeps me calm.

I have told him some of the things that happened to me in the foster system. I don't want to disappoint him again, but I will if I can save someone's life.

I decide to go to the doctor in the console room, "So doctor..."

"Yes Ayla?" He replies.

"Can we go do something, please? I'm bored out of my mind". I ask

He sighs. "Nope, not today. If you are so bored, why not go swimming?"

"Argh, because I don't want to. I want to go outside the TARDIS... please".

Doctor POV

'I wondered how long it would last until she would ask me. At least she feels comfortable enough with me now to talk to me like this. The training has been rough on my mental capacity.

My mind hasn't been used in such a way in centuries. I'm definitely not the first to do this training to a time tot. It happened more often in the great vampire war, where more tots were orphaned.

Some tots didn't approve of their guardian, so they rebelled, they refused the guardianship. It was a dangerous time, we couldn't have that. So the time Lords and Ladies trained the tots to be more open to their guardians.

My parent bond is incredibly strong now with Ayla, stronger than what it was with my own children. Possibly because she is the only one left'.

"Okay, how about this, if you go put on some sporty clothes, I will take you to a special room in the TARDIS. A room I believe you will enjoy". I say to her.

"Really, what kind of room?" she asks excited, her emotions affecting mine.

"You'll just have to wait and see".

Two hours later we are all sitting in the kitchen, Rose looks like she can't move, Ayla looks tired but not as bad as Rose, even though Ayla had been much more active than Rose and I.

Time Lord biology is great.

I took them to the anti-gravity room and had the TARDIS modify the room, adding fun obstacles in it. I have been pushing our bond, making her more open to me during this week.

So that whatever is on her mind, she can tell me. It's a precaution for when we are out of the TARDIS, so she can't pull a stunt like the one she pulled with the werewolf. I don't think I can handle it if something happened to her.

I'm happier that she is also starting to act like a time tot more and more.

"Hey Rose, has Mickey called you yet?", Ayla ask suddenly.

"No, why do you ask?", Rose replies.

I look at her, waiting for her to respond. She looks a bit cautious, and confused 'why did I just ask that? I don't want them to know'. Good to know my training is still in effect. I push the bond a bit. 'What is she hiding?'

"Mickey is going to call soon, he wants to see you and the doctor". She replies quickly, looking down. 'I didn't want to say that'.

'Too bad little tot, its better being honest than keeping these things to yourself and endangering yourself, I can't risk you being rebellious outside the TARDIS', I think to myself smugly.

A/N: Hey guys, please review and tell me what you think. Thanks for the reviews you have already given, its very encouraging.

So we see the Doctor being a bit of a manipulative douche. The reason why I am writing him as such is because he found the "Last Time Tot'', he wants to protect her and manipulating her is what he thinks will be best. Also the Time Lord culture is much more different than human culture, we need to remember this, so for Time Lords this behaviour can be normal. I hope that makes sense.