Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Doctor POV

Martha and I just landed in Cardiff. I see Jack running towards the TARDIS. I panic slightly, I set the TARDIS to go into the time vortex. 'Something is wrong', the TARDIS is moving through the vortex at rapid speeds. We are heading to the end of the universe.

"We're accelerating into the future. The year one billion. Five billion. Five trillion. Fifty trillion? What? The year one hundred trillion? That's impossible" I state.

"Why? What happens then?" Martha asks me, panicked as well.

"We're going to the end of the universe" I tell her.

The TARDIS lands, "Well, we've landed" I tell Martha.

"So what's out there?"

"I don't know" I answer her, this is a rare moment for me. I like it.

"Say that again. That's rare" Martha says. 'She knows me well' I think.

"Not even the Time Lords came this far. We should leave. We should go. We should really, really go" I tell her, grinning and we both exit my ship.

"Oh my God!" Martha says, seeing Jack lying dead on the ground.

"Can't get a pulse. Hold on. You've got that medical kit thing" Martha tells me. She then runs into the TARDIS

"Hello again. Oh, I'm sorry" I say. Martha comes back with the kit.

"Here we go. Get out of the way. It's a bit odd, though. Not very hundred trillion. That coat's more like World War Two" Martha says.

"I think he came with us" I tell her.

"How do you mean, from Earth?" Martha asks.

"Must have been clinging to the outside of the Tardis all the way through the vortex. Well, that's very him" I tell her. 'He is the reason the TARDIS went all wonky'

"What, do you know him?" She asks.

"Friend of mine. Used to travel with me, back in the old days" I tell her.

"But he's. I'm sorry, there's no heartbeat. There's nothing. He's dead" She tells me sympathetically. Just as she says that Jack decides to come back to life again conveniently just as she finished her sentence due to the original writers finding it more dramatic.

Martha screams.

"Oh, so much for me. It's all right. Just breathe deep. I've got you" Martha tells Jack.

"Captain Jack Harkness. And who are you?" Jack asks all flirty.

"Martha Jones"

"Nice to meet you, Martha Jones" He says. 'Just like Jack to flirt with the first person he sees.

"Oh, don't start" I tell him. 'I actually missed him, how strange. Even though I want to run away from him'

"I was only saying hello" he says.

"I don't mind" she says, helping Jack up. 'Humans! Even Rose had a thing for him. Luckily he hasn't met Ayla, heaven knows how she will feel about him'.

"Doctor" Jack greets.

"Captain" I greet back.

"Good to see you" He says.

"And you. Same as ever. Although, have you had work done?" I ask him.

"You can talk" Jack replies amusedly.