[13]

Third person POV:

——————————————————————————

Both Ashley and Clair stared each other down, both of the women were highly trained in combat. In certain areas, one was better than the other, such as inflicting pain, through methods of torture. The bobbing of Ashley's throat had easily taken the attention of Clair, and little did the girls know, was that they were being watched. Unbeknown to them, they were being watched by the pack members and their alpha.

"Clair, I'm not sure what has driven you to ask me this kind of question, but if you really must know...my father is a hitman, and I am to be his successor," Ashley warned, staring blankly into the enraged eyes of Clair. It was obvious that she harboured a desire to kill Ashley. Her body language was threatening as she took a fighting stance, rolling her shoulders back.

"So, what are you? Don't play dumb, because I know the switching of you're eye colour, isn't exactly normal." Clair paled, while she watched Ashley casually pull herself up onto the counter, unaffected by Clair's hostile behaviour. A mocking smirk crept slowly across Ashley's lips.

"I wouldn't want to scare the mate of my older brother," Clair remarked, coolly. She advanced a step forward toward Ashley. So close, to the point that she evaded Ashley's personal space. She stared deeply into her eyes, hoping to find some kind of emotion in the girl's eyes, but found nothing but boredom.

"Well, if you really must know, human, I am what you call 'a werewolf'." Ashley seemed to nod her head, still in a boredom-like-state, while she stared down at Clair.

"So really, your just an oversized lap-dog, in a human body, that smells like dog breath, and can potentially kill me, at any moment, correct?" She raised a brow at Clair, while the pack members that were listening in on them, snickered.

"Does my breath really smell like dog?" Becoming self-conscious, Clair sniffed at her hand, after breathing on it, to try and decipher whether her breath smelled like dogs breath, or not.

"Yeah, it does. So you might as well, go scrub out your mouth, then chew on a decent-stick." Ashley shrugged, while delivering her sarcastic retort. The dig about the dog chew hadn't been understood by Clair, to Ashley's own amusement. Clair's cheeks reddened as an embarrassed blush crept over them.

"Also, when you're done, could you start by telling me about all this mate stuff, because I am really not interested in becoming some werewolf's bitch, that he can fuck, every time the mating season starts," Ashley stared her down with a defiant glower.