[14]

Unedited. I'm alive and not giving up on the book sorry for taking so long and I'm sorry it's not a lot I'm still trying to get out of writer's block please feel free to add some ideas in.

With that said enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------

A heavy sigh left Clair’s pale lips, hers met with Ashley as she truly did debate in explaining on who Ashley’s mate is, her brother of course would not take lightly of her actions for telling Ashley on exactly who her fated pair is. However she still could explain the basics of the mating season and how mates are supposed to work but it seemed the that Ashley would not be the one submit on the first appearance of her mate that she still has yet to meet formally.

“the mate stuff as you call it something sacred to the werewolf community, however there are wolves out there that would reject there mate for a wolf that isn’t theirs to begin with. In this case Rosy who is the daughter or Mrs. Molten rejected her mate from a neighboring pack so that she could pursue the alpha of this pack to become Luna.” Clair spoke with slight venom at the mention of Rosy and how she had rejected her gifted mate for wolf that clearly would never be hers.

Ashly continued to give Clair a bored look as her ramblings of poor wolf being rejected was non of her concern, she had began to grow irritated at the wolves sacred tradition for a mate. From her own concepts and understanding a female mate is expected to complete their relationship on the night or day they meet, and that would be when the female would begin to pop out the males pups up to three to four times a year. Ashly would never see herself being used as source for release and an incubator for pups that she would probably never love if she were forced to become a mate now.

“is there a way out of being a mate to wolf, if so you better tell me now before I skin the pup alive and use his fur as blanket to keep my feet warm during the winter.” Clair could only look at Ashly in disbelief at her words, would she really be willing to skin her own mate alive just because she wasn’t wanting to settle? Was she afraid of having an unfaithful male at her side, or was it that she just wished to be alone?

“why would you do such a thing to your mate? Are you afraid that he would be unfaithful to you?” her voice would strain against her vocal cords as she tried to comprehend Ashly’s thoughts.

“I could care less if he is faithful to me or not, I simply do not wish to be in relationship that has no actual love, regardless if its their beast calling, its their instinct, and I will not be the incubator that the wolf wants just because it is seen as sacred and tradition. I will not follow that path.” Her voice rang through the woods to which the pack that had surrounded them became deathly quiet by Ashly’s statement, little did Ashly know that the alpha wasn’t to far away to hear his mate’s statement, if she was going to be like that then he might as well follow the path that she wants to follow, he’ll get to know her, and for her to know him. But why not start off on bad terms?​