Chapter 14: Movies

Casey sat in the middle of her old, soft couch. She had the TV on in front of her and a bowl of pasta in her lap. On the coffee table lay her phone, of which she stared at the screen intently.

It was open on the text message she'd received from Seb on the way home. She knew he already had her number from the time he'd called her after the release of the photos. But now, far more significantly, she was in possession of his private number.

This meant that he trusted her enough to let her have it. It felt like she was in some sort of very exclusive club. She also couldn't help but smirk at the fact that they'd managed to somehow exchange numbers without actually exchanging numbers.

The next question was: should she reply? If she was going to, she had to do it reasonably quickly. She couldn't wait for hours and then reply later. That would make it painfully obvious that she had been thinking about it all night. She leaned back and looked at the ceiling.

"Goddddddd," she groaned in exasperation. Nope, she wasn't going to do it. She didn't have anything substantial to say anyway. Hey eyes flicked back to her phone again as she immediately ignored her own decision and began trying to think of some witty response.

She typed something out quickly and hit send before she could change her mind. It would have to do.

---

Seb stared vacantly at the television in front of him. He wasn't really watching it, but there was nothing else to do. Still, it was better than being out at some event with people in his face. His phone buzzed and he reached over for it curiously.

"You'd make a really shit stalker"

He smiled to himself and hit reply.

"Are you sure? How was your bowl of pasta?"

He hit send and waited for the little 'R' to appear next to the message to notify him that she'd read the message.

Back at Casey's apartment, her eyes bulged and she looked around irrationally. How the hell did he know what she had for dinner?

"Okay. I was wrong. Where's the camera?"

Seb grinned and typed his reply.

"Who needs cameras when you have a functioning memory?"

Casey stared at the latest message for a moment before it clicked. She laughed to herself, remembering now that they had discussed their favourite home cooked meals back at the club in China, and how that was what she was going to make on her first night back home. He'd somehow remembered such an insignificant detail.

"Huh. So you can actually remember what you're told"

"Selectively..."

She replied with a laughing emoji.

"So are you enjoying your evening at home?"

"YES! By the way, I found your shirt in my bags. I forgot to give it back... sorry."

"I forgive you. I've only got another 9,999 of them."

Casey laughed, she thought better than to mention she was wearing it at that moment. Though now she wasn't really sure what else to say. She didn't want to seem too intrusive by asking what he was up to. She sighed, setting down her phone, and tried to distract herself from thinking about him.

---

The next morning, she awoke feeling totally refreshed and energetic. It was awesome to sleep in complete peace in her own bed every now and then.