Chapter 22: Catching Up

Later that evening, Casey found herself cuddled up with Seb on a couch in the lounge area as he watched the last race back. She'd stolen his shirt to wear after getting out of the spa, which to her delight, resulted in his continued state of shirtless-ness.

He watched the footage very intently, sometimes snorting in response to the commentary. Casey, meanwhile, was content to lay against his side quietly, dozing in and out. On one such occasion she opened her eyes and couldn't help but lean up and bite his jaw lightly. It was just right there, and she was increasingly struggling to get enough of him.

He chuckled without shifting his gaze, "Well that's not distracting at all."

"Sorry," she mumbled, biting his earlobe instead.

"Alright, that's it," he muttered, jumping up quickly before leaning back down and scooping her over his shoulder. She shrieked, laughing wildly as he swung around and headed into the bedroom. Once he reached the edge of the master bed, he dropped her on to the pillow-covered mattress. She tried to catch her breath as he landed on top of her, pinning her arms down.

"How am I supposed to focus on anything ever again with you around?" he exclaimed in exasperation, squinting at her as she shrugged innocently.

"You know, I had this whole plan all worked out in my head to take it slow with you," he said nonchalantly.

"Oh really? Did you?" she smirked, "So at what point in that plan did you think, oh, I know, I'll invite her to the most expensive hotel I can find for a week, what a sensible, super slow step to take."

He grinned down at her, "I didn't say I was good at planning."

She laughed and wriggled, testing his grip on her arms.

"Got somewhere else to be?" he challenged with a cheeky smile as she shook her head, her eyes darting over his shoulders.

He gazed down at for a moment before leaning in and kissing her gently. After he finally released her arms, she immediately ran her fingers down his torso before hooking them in his belt, making him shiver.

"You sure?" he mumbled against her lips.

"Are you sure?" she teased.

"You can tell I'm sure," he whispered, a smirk playing across his lips.

"Mhmm, I can," she grinned, tugging his belt to pull him closer.

"Before what comes next, I just need you to know," he began, "I'm all in on this thing, with you... only you."

She pulled back a little to analyse his face, he seemed completely sincere, "What does that mean exactly?" she asked, trailing her fingers down the sides of his face.

"I want to see where this can go. I want you to be with me."

"That works," she whispered, squeezing him against her chest tightly, "Because I'm really starting to hate it when you're not around."

A whimper escaped her as his lips crashed back to hers in an instant.

---

The next day, they didn't get up until well past eleven. Casey was the first to wake, listening with her eyes still closed to the noise of the ocean and people laughing and talking in the streets below.

She lay on her side with Seb's arm draped over her hip. She played with his hand for a few minutes, tracing his fingers and knuckles.

She thought back to how they'd got to this point, all the way back to the first time he'd crouched next to her in the garage. He'd jokingly told her to work on her loyalties. Back then, she'd have died laughing at just how far she'd take that advice.