Chapter 45: Gone

Author's note: WOAH! I received comments from the most unique readers ever on my last chapter, and the most votes of the entire series so far! THANK YOU GUYS! I loooved reading ALL of your reactions. Here's a fun fact! The ENTIRE plot since Chapter 34 (First Aid) was entirely inspired off the comments left on that particular chapter. It hadn't even crossed my mind before I read your comments there that anything was going to happen with Heikki. So, that just goes to show how much comments really do influence a story! And I'm totally grateful!! (Shout out to you in particular KitKatGrace as it was you that planted the seed in my brain! Thus I dedicate this chapter to you! And also to __highflying for all her encouragement and support on this story line (P.S. go and read her F1 fic "Connections"! It's amazing.) ENJOY!

Evan pulled his phone out of his pocket and quickly dialed.

"Hey. I need you. Outside, yeah, out the front." he hung up abruptly and set his eyes upon Casey. She was standing dead still with her arms wrapped around herself, staring silently after Seb's retreating figure. A single tear was slowly making it's way to the corner of her lips.

Heikki was standing a few paces away. He rubbed his palms against his forehead before crouching on the pavement. Evan could see his whole torso rise and fall as he took a deep breath. He stood back up, looking over at Casey momentarily before hanging his head dejectedly.

Jacob emerged from the club a few seconds later and looked around worriedly before spotting the three of them. He hurried over, noticing Casey's expression as he reached them.

"What happened?" he whispered, placing his hands on either side of her face gently and staring at her intently. She closed her eyes and didn't speak.

"I'll tell you everything on the way home." Evan murmured, placing a hand on Jacob's shoulder.

Heikki watched the two boys surround Casey and sighed, however much he wanted to comfort her and explain himself, he knew he would be the last person welcome anywhere near her. He glanced at the three of them one more time before heading off in the same direction as Seb. Not that he had any intention of seeing Seb either, he just needed to go home, alone.

---

Casey leaned against the cab window as they drove back to the villa. She wondered idly if Seb would be there yet, or whether he would even show up at all. Evan sat next to her, holding her hand tightly and quietly explaining the whole story to Jacob on his other side.

A fresh wave of tears pooled in Casey's eyes as they pulled into the driveway and she immediately noticed the Veyron was gone. Please be safe, please don't drive far, she thought, imagining Seb flying through the German countryside with anger still coursing through his veins.

The three of them went inside and Evan ran the shower in his and Jacob's room for her. He quickly collected a clean set of sleeping clothes for her and returned to his room. Jacob was leaning against the bathroom door.

"She in there?"

"Yeah."

"Here." Evan said, passing him the clothes. Jacob opened the door a slither and dropped them on top of the counter for Casey when she was ready to get out.

"This is bad isn't it." Jacob said quietly.

"Formula 1 drivers..." Evan tutted, "So dramatic."

Jacob smiled weakly and reached his hand out. Evan took it and stepped towards him, breathing in his scent and kissing him gently. Evan pulled away slightly and watched Jacob's perfect lips pull up into another smile.

"Do you love me?" Evan asked, grazing his teeth against Jacob's jawline.

"Most of the time." Jacob replied, hissing air in between his teeth as Evan nipped the skin on his neck sharply.