Chapter 65: Christmas Special

Author's note: SURPRISE! Just a little "for fun" chapter that goes back to the 2014 Christmas at their house in Italy. This chapter fits in just before the finale, time-wise. MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS! Hope you have a wonderful day. Enjoy!

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Shit! Damn it Casey!" Evan gasped after he'd leaped about a foot back from the Christmas tree he'd been so keenly inspecting. Or rather, the presents below it.

"I can guarantee you all the ones with your name on are coal." Casey hissed as she climbed down the rest of the stairs and joined him in the darkened lounge room. It was at least 2am, and Casey had been making her way downstairs to grab some water from the fridge.

"Why are you awake?"

"Why are you awake?" Casey retorted suspiciously.

"Sleep walking..." Evan replied vaguely, enticing an eye-roll out of Casey as she swept past him towards the kitchen, switching the light on as she went.

"So, first Christmas with lover-boy Jacob. Excited?" she asked, grinning mischievously as she poured two glasses.

"Your first Christmas with Seb too." Evan remarked, joining her at the bench and taking one of the glasses.

"What'd you get Jake?" she asked curiously.

"Tickets."

"To..."

"You'll just have to wait and see." he sang, emptying his glass and ambling back over to the Christmas tree.

"Back away from the tree Evan, stop trying to ruin Christmas. I've disguised your present anyway, you haven't got a hope of guessing what it is."

"Did you get Seb anything other than the, uhh, main gift?"

"Life-size cardboard cut-out of Mark Webber." Casey replied casually.

Evan snorted and crouched down, visually inspecting the presents in what little light the kitchen provided to him, "Really?"

"No, absolutely not. Ev, go back to bed." Casey instructed, switching the kitchen light off and ambling through the dark lounge room towards the stairs. She heard him sigh as he followed her up.

---

Seb stirred gently as someone hovered over him and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"What time is it?" he mumbled sleepily, rolling on to his back.

"9am. I've tried to hold off waking you for as long as possible but if I wait much longer I think Evan's going to tear the house down."

"What's he doing?" Seb asked, not bothering to even open his eyes yet.

"Torturing Jacob in the lounge, watching Bad Santa, again. If someone doesn't give him a present to open soon I think he'll literally die."

"I think you should come back to bed." he muttered, reaching out blindly and grabbing hold of her thigh.

"Seb..." Casey giggled.

"Please?" he asked, cracking his eyes open finally.

"Oh god." Casey sighed. As soon as he got the puppy-dog eyes out she was a goner. His wish became her command.

"Yes..." he grinned cunningly as she gave in and pulled the covers up, slipping herself beneath the sheets and sitting across his waist.

"If you sit there you know what's going to end up happening..." Seb arched an eyebrow suggestively.