Chapter 61: Tricks

Seb leaned down one more time, kissing Casey's forehead as she dozed quietly on his side of the bed. Now dressed and awake, he left the room and jogged downstairs to find Antti in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Morning!" Seb called to him as he ran a hand through his hair to try and calm it down.

"At least you've perked up." Antti smirked.

Sebastian avoided looking at Antti, knowing he wouldn't be able to help laughing to some degree if he did.

"So you got the girl..." Antti continued lightly.

"I got the girl." Seb agreed, grinning to himself as he grabbed a glass and ran the tap.

"And that new Maserati in the driveway wouldn't happen to be a guilt present would it?"

"Nailed it." Seb replied, flashing him a cheeky smile.

Antti shook his head disapprovingly, "You better hope she doesn't use it to make a quick getaway."

"She's not going anywhere." Seb replied confidently.

"Because you're keeping her in a state of constant exhaustion?"

"Precisely." Seb laughed, causing Antti to do so too.

"So what about Huovinen?" Antti asked, using only Heikki's surname.

Seb shrugged, "Who gives a fuck."

"So he's not hanging around?"

"He is... he called her last night, but I'm not worried." Seb replied.

"Is Casey going to be staying here now too then?" Antti asked, trying to catch himself up on all the details.

"Yep." Seb nodded, now with a mouthful of banana.

"Your mood is seriously noticeably different." Antti taunted.

"Fuck off." Seb grinned sheepishly, "I've always been nothing but pleasant."

"You look like the cat that got the cream." Antti observed, "And who knew you could smile too!?"

"Has he really been that grumpy?"

The two boys looked up to see Casey walking through the lounge towards them, pulling her hair up into a ponytail.

"He's been..." Antti began.

Seb raised a warning eyebrow at his trainer.

"Temperamental." Antti finished diplomatically.

"Interesting..." Casey replied, walking over to Seb and snaking her hands around his waist from behind. She rested her chin on his shoulder and watched the corner of his lip pull up into another smile.

"Evan said the same thing..." Casey added.

"They're exaggerating." Seb defended, causing Antti to snort.

"So I'm gone for a few weeks and you decide to terrorise everyone." Casey muttered playfully.

"It was two months..." Seb mumbled.

"Britta has had just about enough of him." Antti added.

"She has not, she loves me." Seb countered dismissively.

"Does she know I'm here yet?" Casey asked, leaning forward enough to kiss Seb's cheek before pulling away and going in search of her own breakfast.

"No..." Seb answered, turning around to watch her and leaning back against the bench, "I should tell her."

"Do you want to join us on our cycle this morning?" Antti asked, looking at Casey.

"I have work in an hour." she replied begrudgingly, "But make sure you push him really hard today. He deserves a taste of his own medicine."