Chapter 37: Germany

Casey, Isla and Heikki made their way back out on to the balcony.

"No! Sit with us, he's had his turn." Isla said, tugging Casey's arm as she headed towards Seb.

Casey laughed and shrugged, instead sitting cross-legged next to Isla on one of the 2 seaters. Seb grinned over at them both from across the circle and Isla stuck her tongue out at him.

"Drinks?" Heikki said, directing the question to both of the girls as he leaned over the back of the seat between them.

"Yes, same again for me please!" Isla replied, smiling up at him.

"Case?" Heikki asked quietly.

"No, I'm good, thank you." She replied, grimacing to herself as she replayed the hallway incident in her head. She'd clearly had more than enough for one night.

"Go on." Seb goaded her from across the circle.

"Quiet you." She retorted.

"I've never seen you really drunk. I think it would be interesting." He teased.

"Well you'll have to survive with the suspense for a little longer." She replied.

Seb held her gaze for a few seconds and shot her a heart-melting smile. She groaned internally, wanting nothing more than to go to him, but she had to be social. She returned the smile and tore her eyes away from him, forcing herself to give Isla her full attention.

"Maybe I'll take your advice." Isla said in a hushed tone, biting her lip as she watched Casey.

"Are we talking about Heikki?" Casey asked with a mischievous glint in her eye.

Isla giggled, "I'll see how I feel after this drink."

Heikki returned after a few minutes and sat on Casey's other side. She frowned for a moment, not really wanting to be in between them. She couldn't exactly move now though without being obvious.

Nathan had moved over to join Seb and Kimi's conversation, causing Jacob to stand up finally. He wandered over towards Casey, looking sleepy.

"Where's Ev?" He asked, reaching out his hand to her. She took it and kissed the back of it affectionately.

"Probably passed out in one of the bedrooms. You guys are staying here tonight." She replied, looking up at him.

"Oh are we? Thanks." He smiled happily and leaned over to give her a quick hug, "I think I'm going to go find him and pass out too then."

"Night Jake." Casey replied, letting his hand go.

"Goodnight Jake." Isla smiled up at him.

Jake sent a generic wave around the circle as he made his way inside.

"So, how's life as a WAG treating you?" Isla said, making herself comfortable.

Casey laughed and shot Isla a mischevious look, "Can't complain."

"The part I don't understand is the reports of Hayley and him getting back together recently?" She said, quiet enough to ensure only their little group of three heard.

Casey cleared her throat warily, "That was a small misunderstanding on her part."

Isla nodded slowly, wondering if she dared to ask anymore questions on the matter.

Heikki, quiet as ever, turned to watch Casey's expression. Her face was often difficult to read. He wondered if that whole incident was still a sore point. It would seem so from her limited response.