Chapter 55: Ice Bucket Challenge

"Please don't do this"

Casey glared at her hands. They were trembling. Of course this was Seb.

"For fucks sake." she whispered to herself, trying to relax. In her defence, this was the first contact she'd recieved from Seb in over 2 months.

She frowned, re-reading the four simple words of his text message before checking the time-stamp. He'd only sent it last night... late last night, probably around the time she'd gone back to Heikki's hotel.

What was he referring to? Did he somehow know what she'd done last night? Her blood went cold as she thought about it... social media. Someone must have taken pictures of her and Heikki at the club. She quickly flicked to the Twitter app and searched for hash tags containing her name ...but there was nothing. At-least, nothing from last night. On the other hand, there were plenty of pictures of her first weekend with Ferrari and plenty of opinions below them that she didn't care to read.

So what could the message mean...?

Her guilty conscience told her it meant sleeping with Heikki, but Seb couldn't possibly know about that. Could he?

Her rational conscience told her it was kissing Heikki. Someone must have told Seb after seeing them. Would he really care about it anyway? Maybe he was getting hammered by the media about it... she hadn't even considered that at the time.

Perhaps he was referring to her working for Ferrari? Or, maybe he hadn't meant to send it to her at all?

She jumped as a sudden, sharp burst of thunder outside scared the hell out of her. She glanced out the window to find the sky had changed quickly from the bright blue it had been when she'd woken up in Heikki's arms earlier that morning, to a now dark and murky grey.

She looked back at her phone, stumped as to whether or not she should reply. Even if she did reply, she had no idea what to say to him anymore.

---

Casey stood in the bright Ferrari garage and gazed outside towards the grandstand. The rain was lashing down outside, though thankfully there was no wind, allowing them to keep the doors open without fear of getting drenched.

It felt a lot later than it really was, mostly due to the heavy clouds and gloomy, dark sky.

"So what did you do last night?" Dominic asked Casey as they packed away their stations. There was an insinuating tone to his voice.

"Spent time with some friends." Casey replied vaguely.

"And?"

"What do you mean and?" she laughed, trying not to look guilty.

"She's blushing." Blake smirked as he sauntered past them.

"Get the hell out of here!" Monte barked, shooting Blake a sly grin.

There was a slightly more competitive edge between the two halves of the garage within Ferrari. More than Casey had experienced back at Red Bull. They were all still friendly, but more than happy to slag each other off to no end. Blake was from Alonso's side of the garage. Casey was still not used to the fact that she was now teammates with him.

"So, come on, I know there's more to the story." Dominic sang.

Casey grinned over at him, "Over my dead body will I disclose the sordid details of my Sunday evening escapades with you and subsequently the rest of the garage."

Dominic laughed, "Ah, so there is a story!"

"Maybe it involves the pretty-boy standing at the door." Monte interjected with a snicker.