Chapter 36: Girl Talk

"Are you okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost." Evan laughed, watching Casey's face with a bemused expression.

Her eyes darted up to meet his. He instantly stopped laughing and frowned, recognising panic in her eyes.

She held up a finger to her lips to silently ask him to stop talking.

"Tell me later." he mouthed in her direction. She nodded vaguely, not really paying attention.

Her mind was too busy going a thousand miles an hour, thinking about what had just happened. Did that even happen? Was she hallucinating? Was she so ridiculously drunk that she didn't even realise she was drunk at all?

She could still feel tiny stinging sensations running down her neck from where ...they had grazed her skin with their teeth. Shit, what if there were marks on her neck? She stood up quickly and darted through the chairs back inside. Seb watched her disappear with a confused look on his face.

Evan jumped up after her and followed her inside. He wandered down the hallway, seeing the light coming from under the door to the bathroom.

"Case?"

There was a pause of silence before he heard her unlock the door. He took that as an invitation and pushed his way through before shutting it behind him.

"What the hell are you doing?" he said, watching her hovering in front of the mirror and seemingly inspecting the skin on her neck very closely.

Casey looked over at him warily and took a step towards him. He watched on, baffled, as she lifted up his shirt quickly and let out a deep breath.

"Thank god." she said, pausing to turn back to the mirror, "I don't have to kill you."

"Okay, seriously, have you lost it?" Evan asked, trying not to laugh. Clearly something was going on but what his stomach had to do with it he couldn't understand.

"I'm in so much trouble Ev." she said. He could see her fingers trembling.

"Tell me what happened!"

"Someone just... I just..."

"Okay stop. Breath. Calm down." he said, grabbing her hands.

Casey took a deep breath, "Someone just kissed me in the hallway, like, really kissed me."

"What?"

"I thought it was Seb! But they were wearing a belt, Seb's not wearing a belt!"

"So you decided to check me?" he said, laughing incredulously.

"Well I don't know! You could have been playing a trick on me, a really, really weird trick."

"Does sound like something I'd do I suppose..." he admitted with a smirk.

"Did you see who went inside during the last 5... 10 minutes?" Casey asked urgently.

Evan shook his head, "I wasn't really paying attention. Not Jake though, he was outside with me. And not Seb, he didn't move."

Casey pulled her hands away and turned back to the mirror, leaning on the basin, "Well... fuck."

"Was it... good?" Evan asked mischievously.

"I will hit you." Casey replied, not amused.

"Well, at least your list of suspects is fairly limited. There aren't many people here."

"Maybe they thought I was someone else and it was all a big mistake."

Evan shrugged, "Maybe. Or you've got an admirer you didn't know about. Do you remember anything else about them?"